1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Starbound will no longer launch.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by UnrecognizedCue, Apr 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. UnrecognizedCue

UnrecognizedCue Space Hobo

I've been playing Starbound for countless hours, never messed with the game files, never modded, just plain vanilla Starbound but recently Starbound has refused to launch now. I click launch, it brings up the window with a white box and then closes. I've been trying to fix this on my own for a bit, tried searching through forums to try and see if I could do something they suggested to help and I've had no luck. I just made this account to seek help for this issue I've been having. I already put the log in from the files. Does anyone know what's wrong and preventing it to start. QUICK EDIT: This log is from the regular (not unstable) version.

Attached Files:

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

It seems like the steam overlay fails to initialize. Try launching starbound as admin.

3. UnrecognizedCue

No luck. Tried it, same result.

help?? anyone??

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2019
  4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

No doubleposts please. :nuruhappy:

Its deffo an overlay issue. You can try to disable any overlay you dont need (steam, discord, etc).

5. UnrecognizedCue

Don't have Discord overlay enabled, Disabled Steam overlay, restarted steam. It's still doing the same thing. Even tried running as admin on both steam and starbound.