1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Tutorial Starbound Web CP - Nightlies (LIVE DEMO / DL)

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Tinderlight, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Tinderlight

Tinderlight Astral Cartographer

Starmap Control Panel (LIVE DEMO) - Nightly

Hello guys,

I have been working on a panel for my Starbound hosting service Tinderlight and wanted to give you guys the ability to use it without having to purchase a server from us. I hope you enjoy this panel and find it to make your Starbound server that much more enjoyable.

Live demo: http://66.85.175.201/starmap
    Login: admin , admin

Let me know what you guys think! Lots to come hopefully!

-----------------------------
    DUE TO THE PANEL BEING COMPLETELY PUBLIC, THE STARBOUND SERVER MAY BECOME CORRUPTED OVER TIME AND NEED A RESET.
    -----------------------------

Current Functionality:

• Start Server
    • Stop Server
    • Restart Server
    • View Console
    • View Resource Usage
    • View Essential Config Values
    • Backup / Restore
    • Set Player Slots
    • Set Password
    • Game Chat
    • Setup Config
    • Reset Universe
    • Update Server
    • Change Servername
    Planned:
    • Chat from panel
    • Send console commands to server
    Setup:

Code:
    First move the starmap file to /etc/sudoers.d/

Next unzip the contents of starmap.zip to /var/www/html

Edit the files in /config/ folder to reflect on your install locations

Navigate to your web server and starmap e.g. http://192.0.0.1/starmap

if your apache server is in a different location you will have to change file

references inside the sh files.

Download:

>>Download files here: http://66.85.175.201/setup.zip | http://66.85.175.201/starmap.zip<<
    If you have downloaded the panel and used it please provide feedback below! Thanks!

Should work for most Linux servers, Being developed on CentOS 6.X

If you'd like to puchase a pre packaged server with starmap and starbound, capable of hosting up to 30 people-- you may visit this link: https://tinderlight.us/starbound.php prices start at $6.99 but can go as low as $2. You are however more than welcome to use this panel for free on personal servers.
    --------
    THIS PANEL FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY -- CONTACT BEFORE USE FOR RESALE OR HOSTING SERVICES

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
    danks_ and Opalium like this.
  2. Opalium

Opalium Pangalactic Porcupine

I like the design!

Also, two problems:
    1. On the side I can see this error:
    awk: cmd. line:1: fatal: cannot open file `/home/starbound/server/assets/default_configuration.config' for reading (Permission
    2. The console button doesn't work.

3. Tinderlight

Community Help:

Sometimes I need help from you guys! Here is the question(s) I have:

• Is there a file that reads out the Starbound version?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
    Opalium likes this.
  4. Tinderlight

Console patched

5. TheOtherDrew

TheOtherDrew Big Damn Hero

Is it fair to assume that you are developing this for your hosting endeavours and this is not going to be released to general public?
    If you do not plan to release this, a quick thought would be to release a limited version from what you provide on your site, but with a way to advertise your hosting solutions. That bit of advertising may help drive some business for you. Just my two cents. Looking good by the way.

6. Tinderlight

Ofcourse I'll be releasing this to the public ;) I'm even going to do a video setup tutoral

7. TheOtherDrew

Oh very cool, I'm sure people will love to have a nice web control panel. Thanks for your work.

8. Tinderlight

Ofcourse! feel free to go mash buttons and test the server. Should have more features coming soon.

Stuff that works:

• Start
    • Stop
    • Restart
    • IP
    • Usage Charts
    • Console (very soon to log last 20 lines of console)

9. TheOtherDrew

The only real question I have is.... What are you programming this in? I ask because of the inevitable question of plugging steam account info into a site.
    Unless this is entirely self hosted I see that being an issue for a lot of people. Thanks in advance.
    Just a side note, if you are setting this up to be self hosted, where the need to use steam login is only used for updating the server locally. You may want to have that just be placed in a config file on the server.

10. Tinderlight

The panel is to be hosted on the respective users box / vm / whatever running an linux apache server.

Passing steam info via the panel is optional but it simply writes to the update script needed to update the server, It doesn't touch anything specific to my site it's simply required by SteamCMD.

UPDATE:

Console working

11. TheOtherDrew

OK cool, you may want to post that on the demo by the login info, telling people hehe. So that when they see it they don't freak out.

12. TheOtherDrew

Also after checking out your console.... you probably noticed that the top line of console text is centered... just wanted to point that out.
    I think I read somewhere else that the servers do not release open sockets, so you may want to limit how often the console is updated.

"It was something along the lines of PID files open and sockets open causing servers to crash." Just a thought.

13. Tinderlight

Huh alright, right now it's reading console from the log file every 3 seconds, that client you see connecting and disconnecting is the query

14. Screeny

Screeny Big Damn Hero

Hi,

how can I setup this UI? I just copied all files into my web-dir (I'm using "liveconfig", it's like Confixx or CPanel).
    Should I create a SSH access for this account?

Greetngs
    Screeny

15. Tinderlight

Hello there!

There will be a short amount of configuration needed to your sudoers file to allow starmap to execute screen and kill commands however I have not released the tutorial yet, I will try to get something up by the end of the day today :)

16. Shirou

Shirou Aquatic Astronaut

I like this very mutch but when i saw it's for linux i was like sigh.. any release for windows? would love a windows release.

17. NakashimaKun

NakashimaKun Pangalactic Porcupine

I second Shirou please please PLEASE make windows release <3 I'll love you long time.

18. Shirou

Shirou Aquatic Astronaut

haha, yea this would be awesome for a windows release.

19. Tinderlight

I might make something after this one but will this be for windows server like IIS or something or a desktop thing?

20. Tinderlight

Backup and Restore added