1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Weapon Generator

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Felikx, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Felikx

Felikx Master Chief

Hey everyone, a while ago i made a starbound weapon generator but i have refrained from posting it here since i didnt have a domain for it.
    But it's finally here and feel free to test it out!

https://www.starbound-generator.com/

Also feel free to move / let me know if this is the wrong board

DraikNova and jakecool19 like this.
  2. MindExplorer

MindExplorer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Love it! Seriously.

I just have to report...
    - 1 bug: A changed Seed value is never read out. The final generated one is always 1337.
    - The lowest possible values for "Energy Usage" and "Fire Time Factor" are 0.1 and NOT 0.001

...and a minor suggestion:
    How about having the "Base Weapon" select list automatically pre-select the coresponding "Appearance" and "Right Click Ability" select-lists?

Otherwise, as already said: Very nice tool. ;)

3. Coffee Dragon 16

Coffee Dragon 16 Aquatic Astronaut

That's down, new link?

4. Kilowolf

Kilowolf Big Damn Hero

Sites down

5. MarcPlayz

MarcPlayz Void-Bound Voyager

Why is it only guns i want to make a spear

6. IAmGod

IAmGod Tentacle Wrangler

Hm lets see here...
    Damage: 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
    Perfect.

7. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

/spawnitem commonrocketlauncher 1 '{"level":100000,"seed":1337,"shortdescription":"Baby's First Rocket Launcher","altAbilitySource":"/items/active/weapons/ranged/altabilities/homingrocket/homingrocket.altability","primaryAttack":{"baseDpsFactor":1,"energyUsageFactor":0.0000001,"fireTimeFactor":0.0000001},"animationParts":{"middle":"/items/active/weapons/ranged/rocketlauncher/middle/8.png","barrel":"/items/active/weapons/ranged/rocketlauncher/barrel/13.png","butt":"/items/active/weapons/ranged/rocketlauncher/butt/18.png"},"elementalType":"fire","rarity":"legendary"}'

Perfect

------------------------------------------------------
    Baby's First Rocket Launcher
    DPS: 1
    Energy Usage Factor:0.0000001
    Fire Time Factor: 0.000001
    Type: Rocket Launcher
    Ammo: Fire
    Specialities: Homing Rocket Barrage
    ------------------------------------------------------

Now i need to find a way to make all rockets homing
    This is gonna be fun...

8. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

It doesnt seem like the 'right-click ability' changes anything. Any sniper i make always has grenade launcher and any rocket launcher only has homing rocket.

Also, the image in the item tooltip doesnt match the in-game sprite. Not sure if youre already aware of that, just a heads-up

9. Spectre_Ace22

Spectre_Ace22 Void-Bound Voyager

/spawnitem rareassaultrifle 1 '{"level":6,"seed":1337,"shortdescription":"Tactical Battlerifle","altAbilitySource":"/items/active/weapons/ranged/altabilities/grenadelauncher/grenadelauncher.altability","primaryAttack":{"baseDpsFactor":500,"energyUsageFactor":1,"fireTimeFactor":7},"animationParts":{"middle":"/items/active/weapons/ranged/assaultrifle/middle/5.png","barrel":"/items/active/weapons/ranged/assaultrifle/barrel/5.png","butt":"/items/active/weapons/ranged/assaultrifle/butt/18.png"},"elementalType":"fire","rarity":"legendary"}'

it doesnt work for me... can someone tell me where i went wrong?

10. FloransAreCool69

FloransAreCool69 Intergalactic Tourist

The sssite doessn't work, meat.

11. Kirrock720

Kirrock720 Void-Bound Voyager

Melee Weapons would be a good additions to this

12. polandball

polandball Space Hobo

"Login"
    Huh?

13. paulpk

paulpk Void-Bound Voyager

Why do I have to log in, if it is just a simple weapon generator?

14. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

Pretty sure the website provided is defunct

15. Lone(ly)Wolf

Lone(ly)Wolf Lucky Number 13

Lot of problems with this generator m8, for one it doesn't show all the possible commands... For some commands there is the normal version (XX) and then a factor version (X.X) but I don't think this is explained. You can make the energy consumption 0. Missing quite a few usable arguments that people can mess with. I'm not going to pick apart the whole thing but a generator will always have limitations, alright so far though. Keep on improving this and it could be a useful tool for many people. I'd like to see explanations about how different weapon types work and the shared/ different commands or them. It'd help if you started with melee weapons as they can be implemented into ranged ones and are more limited in their default parameters. I'd never expect this to support custom combos and things like that but it'd be cool to at least see all the possibilities for tweaking values.

For anyone wanting to get into designing custom weapons I'd recommend learning how to format the code then checking out Reddit for ideas. Many people there have made great creations and it's a simple matter to reverse engineer the code once you've learned the format.

16. Kelo4242

Kelo4242 Void-Bound Voyager

fix the site

17. JohnSmith13345

JohnSmith13345 Void-Bound Voyager

“Too many redirects” error, the site remains inaccessible after 5 months

18. Space_explorer

Space_explorer Phantasmal Quasar

i guess the author abandoned the site.