1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Vs Terraria

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by RedPanda_Warrior, Sep 26, 2016.

1. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

LOL, I feel like you haven't even palyed both games.

Terraria is a sandbox game you are in a world and you make up for a living and the world has events like spreading of bad stuff. also the skeleton thing is there because the guy with the hat was cursed. What Terraria does is at least make the world interact with you while in Starbound it doesn't. And the battle in giant mechs? seriously thats the worst part of Terraria at all, those mech battles are nothing else than a limited ability battle of your character in "bigger" but hell thats not even needed if they hadn't added 0 gravity as regular guns do the jo just fine.

All that Starbound really does better is looking a bit better and providing more blocks for sandbox building. but especially weapon mechanic wise Terraria got a lot more interesting gameplay to offer.

2. reddemon3211

reddemon3211 Void-Bound Voyager

honestly speaking I think I like starbound more cuz theres just so much more stuff comparing to terraria although mod wise terraria adds way more content and is super easy to mod just dump it in their and you done starbound its a tiny bit more complicated but about the same anyways
    why I like starbound
    1.various planet exploreation cuz why the hell not
    2.i have the option to decide what I do next unlike terraria which is mosrly beat the boss grind build and beat the next boss
    3.city building is so much easier [I am a horrible builder '-']
    [I was too lazy to correct any grammar mistakes :}

3. Mumpfbrapp

Mumpfbrapp Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I do not think the "versus" in the thread-title is justified.
    I would say, Starbound and Terraria is like Apples and Pears.
    Same fruit-type, different flavour. ;o)

karcea likes this.
  4. WingedOracle

WingedOracle Master Chief

starbound.

if terraria actually did have a story mode, that'd be another story.

however, i like both soundtracks equally.

Gillator likes this.
  5. Gillator

Gillator What do you get if you multiply six by nine?

I also like Starbound a bit more than Terraria, mainly because its just a much bigger world (Galaxy?) space to play in. Also being set in space with places to explore allows me pretend I'm Kirk. It's the simple things in life.

Tamorr likes this.