1. Hey Guest! Our new game Wargroove has released! Check out the forums or wiki for more information!
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound vs. Terraria (Friendly Discussion Only!)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Xylia, Feb 7, 2019.

1. davoker

davoker Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The mechs have their utility in space, at least one utility xD mine copper in large quantities, gold and silver, but especially the copper that is used for many things, with the mechs that task is easy, without them is that no longer it can be mined in space like before the mechs.

It's fun to improve them and such, and well, you also explore with them space, anomalies, enemy ships or friends, but outside of that they do not have more use, using them on planets is not feasible because there is no energy for them (with mods yes, Like you said).

Fishing has no more use than collecting, there are people who like to have it all, all the collections, it's the only interesting thing you have, you can not even cook those fish, at least they could have made every fish you took can cook, each fish would be a different dish (there is no mod so I would use it, at least the fish you catch would have utility, and not just catch them and disappear xD)

2. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think the bounty hunting system or any other system can be put in starbound as it's literally a sand-box game like M.C. so I wish they just add more content to this...

Xylia likes this.
  3. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I agree with that, I'm just saying that in the vanilla base game, they could have done... perhaps slightly better to integrate the side-content a little better. Like how mechs only give mech stuff, and you can't find mech stuff outside of mech content. They could have mixed the main game and mechs together a little better, and if they had done that, it would have felt more integrated instead of a side-quest.

Same goes for bounty hunting -- if they had made bounty hunting and the rest of the game inter-connected, it would have been fine.

Or if not, yanno, modders. Modders can fix anything.

Frackin'Universe did an amazing job of integrating the mechs with the rest of the game, as mech content gives you reward, and you can do other content to get stuff for your mech. Rather than feeling like an unconnected mini-game, FU mechs feel like yet another tool in your growing toolbox for you to get what you need.

4. MistyTheNeko

MistyTheNeko Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah in all honesty, Starbound's major issue is the fact that the base game gets really boring very easily. Good thing mods exist.
    Terraria is quite fun just by itself, but modding it makes the game a complete mix of utter chaos and fun.

5. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Depends on which mods, but yeah. Though... Terraria runs really nice without mods, if you add large content mods, I find that I start getting framerate drops more often when I do.

Starbound mostly doesn't do this, but it has a much lower framerate to begin with. That, and even with an SSD, it takes 10x longer to load than Terraria.

MistyTheNeko likes this.
  6. ratkintheoverestimated

ratkintheoverestimated Subatomic Cosmonaut

So speaking of terraria, the 64bit Mod loader is out. I currently run 94 mods. It's something to behold.