1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound - Unstable/Nightly (Fix Farm Animals)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Avarice, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Avarice

Avarice Void-Bound Voyager

Since they introduced the farm animals into nightly, they have yet to create a way to move them, or simply kill them.

If you place them somewhere and don't build solid walls to trap them,they will roam out through gates, always straying to the right until they are far away from your base. All the npc's love to open gates/door and not shut them, this needs fixed too.

I've had to bury them underground when they end up somewhere I don't want them and that's just silly.

Attacks don't kill them, poison, lava, water doesn't kill/drown them.

Creature balls don't trap them.

I hope they fix this, I can see them not thinking about it and overlooking it.

2. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

Nightly is full of bugs and unfinished stuff. I wouldn't worry too much about this. It's new so we can expect changes and improvements.

Personally I wouldn't mind this behavior (moving away), it stimulates me to build fences and a proper place for them. But if they go too far we definitely need a way to bring them back.

3. Osofox

Osofox Void-Bound Voyager

It's just something that'll be fixed near the end I'm guessing.

4. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

You can kill Fluffalos with fireworks, at least in the currently nightly build.