1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed (Starbound Unstable Build) Fetch the Floran Artifact Bug

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Electromancer493, Jul 14, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Electromancer493

Electromancer493 Orbital Explorer

Note: I am sorry if there is already a discussion on this topic, but after a short period of searching I did not find anything for this topic. Also, for those who have not played in the Unstable build of Starbound, this post will contain spoilers.

In the Unstable build of Starbound, I noticed a bug at the end of the quest: "Fetch the Floran Artifact". After defeating the Ixodoom boss, I was attempting to use my scanner to scan the slime background object or whatever it is. After giving up from having a minute of trying but failing, I went to continue on the mission. When I got to where the artifact was, I noticed that Nuru was glitched and continuously running into the locked gate/door leading to the teleporter. I found that I could not advance in the mission and that talking and interacting with as much things as possible did not work.

I decided to restart the mission and retry, this time keeping pace with Nuru. After defeating the Ixodoom boss again and following Nuru, I was able to advance further in the mission and complete it. I am going to assume that there is a bug in the mission where if you do not follow Nuru or keep pace with her, that the mission will bug out and prevent you from completing it. I however have not redone the mission to determine if I was right due to having completed the mission and also not knowing what lied past it. I am very sure though that I am correct about the cause of the bug due to how I only changed one thing that I did and it fixed it. If anyone else is experiencing this bug and it does not seem to be caused by keeping your distance from Nuru, I would appreciate if you could post a response to this to let others know the correct cause.

2. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

Same happened to me. It seem like on every other mission the character will wait by the artifact stand thing (even if you had already taken it) but Nuru being the weird exception. I can only recommend speed running the mission if you want to get more of the rewards for now. I hope the devs will give Nuru the same treatment as the other special NPCs and have her simply wait near the artifact stand first. Also worth noting on my first run of the mission the cage door actually closed on me causing me to get stuck within it. Thankfully I had blink as a sword special I think so I was able to slowly edge my way to the teleporter from within the cage. Slowing down the closing of the cage door at the end would also be nice.

Lastly I notice that you should but can't scan the slime background myself as well when I did it. Scanning beside for the missions is only used to examine items without having to steal them or for making say items later with a pixel printer. While you can scan almost everything you can't pixel print every item that you can scan. I highly doubt you would be able to recreate the slime webbing so don't worry about it.

Nice detail on the report by the way.

3. Electromancer493

Electromancer493 Orbital Explorer

First, I would like to point out that I have OCD and so it just wants me to scan everything for reasons I do not know why. Second, thanks for the comment, I wanted to make sure I provided as much detail to allow the devs (if they see this) to fix the issue and not mistake something else as the problem.

4. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

I can relate, I also have OCD so it is bugging me as well but being Unstable you kinda accept that there may be bugs. Try to keep your collecting on Stable if possible. A tip though, at the end of the Apex mission there are two giant TV-like displays in the boss room, you can scan those but you need to click pretty much at the bottom part that keep it up. Clicking on the huge part or at least when I did it didn't do anything but they can be scanned.

5. TheUnartist

TheUnartist Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm really glad you guys pointed out that you can run up to catch Nuru before she bugs out.
    My girlfriend and I tried doing that mission twice on multiplayer, but I guess we were just too slow getting there both times.

Like the OP, I think I spent way too much time trying to scan the bosses web-thingie :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.