1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED STARBOUND: The Painful - LISA Music Mod 1.1

A LISA music replacer mod for Starbound.

1. creepyspongebob123

creepyspongebob123 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

creepyspongebob123 submitted a new mod:

STARBOUND: The Painful - LISA Music Mod - A LISA music replacer mod for Starbound.

Read more about this mod...

2. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm intrigued by your installation instruction...

Seeing the file you provided is about 500 MB, did you just pack not only your music files, but all of the Starbound asset files (including your music files)? If that's the case, you don't have to. You only need to upload your own mod files.

3. creepyspongebob123

I see what I did wrong. I forgot to pack the thing into a .modpak, so I just uploaded the .pak file. I'll work on it now.

4. Skaired

Skaired Intergalactic Tourist

you should have added work harder

5. xaliber

No, sorry for the late reply. This has nothing to do with .modpak. .modpak is outdated, we don't use that anymore. You're already in the right track using .pak, but you packed the wrong files.

Here is the basic: when you're making mods, you don't edit the unpacked files directly. Let the unpacked files alone, that's just for your reference so that you know which files are in which folder. You make your own mod files in the /mods/ folder.

So instead of having your mod files in [Steam folder]/Starbound/assets/packed/music,
    you should have your mod files in [Steam folder]/Starbound/mods/[Your Mod Folder Name]/music

Change [Your Mod Folder Name] with whatever you want, for example it can be named as LisaMusic. As you might have noticed, the files in your mod folder emulates the path in the asset files.

For example, if you want to replace the song they play in main menu, you should find what's the name of the song and in which folder. You will find out that it's in Starbound/assets/packed/music/title-menu-music.ogg. So to replace that music with your own music, you should make this file: [Steam folder]/Starbound/mods/LisaMusic/music/title-menu-music.ogg.

This LisaMusic folder is the only folder you need to upload, and nothing else. You can pack the files as .pak, but IMO the method is not preferable because it's more hassle to manage.

The prefered method is just compress them using WinZip, so it will become .zip. Attached here is the example.

I hope it's understandable, I'm not native English speaker so I guess the explanation is a bit dodgy. X3

=========

EDIT: You could also read this modding e-book for the basic: http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/unofficial-modding-ebook-2-0.2930/

Feel free to ask if there's anything confusing.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  6. creepyspongebob123

Thanks, I don't think I would've solved it without ripping my hair out. All the guides I found were outdated.

7. xaliber

I feel your pain. I have plans to update the guide, but not sure where to start...