1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound soundtrack. Zomg too much music?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Baleur, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baleur

Baleur Phantasmal Quasar

I joke i joke, of course there is no such thing as too much of a good thing.
    But i must admit i was seriously suprised at how much volume of music (pun intended) there is in the soundtrack.
    I mean geez, 5 hours for a relatively "small" indie game. And the quality of it is stellar.
    I don't know why i expected something like 1-2 hours of music, needless to say i'm happily surprised.

2. ddawg77

ddawg77 Void-Bound Voyager

I agree. And it isn't cheap music either, it's very toned and in-depth. I as well am very impressed.

Serenity likes this.
  3. Phaun

Phaun Industrial Terraformer

Yeah, I wonder how much the producers got for making all of it. It's insane, but all of it is amazing.

4. Baleur

Baleur Phantasmal Quasar

My biggest surprise is how calm and slow paced it is. I mean i looked up ohmwreckers stream last night and it was literally 10 minutes at first of nothing but the main menu screen.
    The music just kept going on and on, slowly, methodically.

Brilliant, in an age where most game soundtracks consist of BAM BAM PEWPEW ACTION GO GO GO FAST RUSH!!

5. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

Music is great never have seen a thread praising music of this game before.

6. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

Not to spoil the mood here, but I would like to point out that there definitely is such a thing as; "Too much of a good thing." People like cake, you probably like cake, right? Three-thousand metric tons* of cake is no longer a good thing. It's a damned plague at that point.

Anyhow; I spent a good month or so listening to the soundtrack over and over again every morning because of how beautiful it was. I'm impressed Chucklefish, and the artists behind the music, that's no small feat.

That's 6,000,000 pounds of cake in total. (6 million lbs.)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  7. XaoG

XaoG Ketchup Robot

Are you kidding me? Too many games are all generic orchestral arrangements and similar these days. Games with hype ass music such as this, this or this are far and few between. Usually when you DO find stuff like this, it's either by the same people from before or someone new but similar.

Not knocking Starbound's soundtrack at all, it's creative in its own right, it just that this comment doesn't gel outside of like... Recentish games with aggressive electro or dubstep in their soundtrack (Killer Instinct 2013, hello). You'll never hear something like Dancing Mad in a game like Skyrim, sadly.

8. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Serenity is right, in a sarcastic manner. We've already had a lot of threads praising the music already. I hate to do this, but I'm going to have to lock as a duplicate.

Serenity likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.