1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Discussion Starbound-Servers.net, the server list and tracker for Starbound

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Endimmion, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Endimmion

Endimmion Big Damn Hero

Hi Starbound Community,

Soon, Starbound will be released and lot of servers will be looking for nice players and the inverse.

"Starbound-Servers.net" is a Starbound server list. Its goal is to provide an efficient way for players to find a server that suits their needs and also for servers owners to get more players on their servers.

"Starbound-Servers.net" is not just a simple server list. The list has tons of features:

- Browse servers by: rank, countries, versions, uptime, tags ....
    - Complete search features: Find the best server for you using, our search engine with multi-criteria
    - Favorites system: Build your own list with your favorites servers
    - Comments system: Leave comments on servers and discuss directly with their owners
    - Achievements and leaderboard
    - Users profile
    - Blog and RSS
    - Servers status check: All servers are checked every 5 minutes, to guarantee you an up to date list
    - Servers statistics: Get detailled charts for your server: players connected, votes, rank and uptime
    - Servers notifications: Received notifications when your server goes offline
    - Vote system: Vote every day for your favorite server
    - Dynamic status banners: Show your server status on your website/forum with our nice dynamic banners

Of course, as the game will be in Beta, so will be our server list. Some features will only be fully ready when the some parts of the game is, like the query protocol.

Server registration is for the moment locked, until the game is released. A fake server has been registered to show you the details of our list.

https://starbound-servers.net/

Best regards,

Last edited: May 7, 2016
    Huninn, BioHazardus, Archer and 3 others like this.
  2. TheMap

TheMap Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello there Endimmion, nice to see you again.

3. Endimmion

Endimmion Big Damn Hero

Hello TheMap :) After StarMade, you are here also ^^

Registration of server is unlocked. So if you have a server running, I invite you to register it.

4. Endimmion

Endimmion Big Damn Hero

2 servers already registered :)

5. Ayeso

Ayeso Scruffy Nerf-Herder

6. Endimmion

Endimmion Big Damn Hero

Thank you, we will soon reach 10 servers registered and working ^^

7. Endimmion

Endimmion Big Damn Hero

Soon we will activate the tags system. If some of you have idea for tags (vanilla, CTF, roleplay....)

8. Endimmion

Endimmion Big Damn Hero

The page "Server Hosting" has been updated with a first offer and we will continue to update it every time we discover a new hosting company for Starbound

9. Endimmion

Endimmion Big Damn Hero

Tags system has been enabled with 6 tags:

- vanilla
    - whitelist
    - roleplay
    - password
    - dedicated
    - anarchy

More tags will be added in the future (with mods and plugins)

10. Endimmion

Endimmion Big Damn Hero

More than 2,100 unique visitors just today :up:

11. Endimmion

Endimmion Big Damn Hero

We have acquire today starbound-servers.com and stats continue to increase with always more visitors

12. Endimmion

Endimmion Big Damn Hero

Almost 4,000 unique visitors just yesterday

13. Endimmion

Endimmion Big Damn Hero

Server owners can now set a new tag for their servers : "modded" and also publish the list of mods used on the server.

14. ErenJaeger

ErenJaeger Intergalactic Tourist

do u have hamachi server?

15. Endimmion

Endimmion Big Damn Hero

No sorry. We don't support Hamachi server. We want to only promote server that you can join without using a third party tool/software.

16. Endimmion

Endimmion Big Damn Hero

We have added a new feature to display the player count of servers :http://starbound-servers.net/servers/players/

This feature is very experimental. Servers must provide an URL with player count and player list in a JSON format

17. BMZ_G

BMZ_G Poptop Tamer

Something about it just doesn't bode well with me, probably the website design & speed of navigation, just really a slow experience. I'm using http://starbound.serverlister.com/ at the moment and will continue to.

Bootstrap is great for fast development, but you've done it all wrong - its as slow as a snail and it looks fugly. Bootstrap isn't an excuse to use the default themeing for everything.

Good luck with the site either way, just sharing my experience.

18. Endimmion

Endimmion Big Damn Hero

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. For me, the list you talk about is also as ugly as mine and with not many features.

But I really don't want to run into that, because I totally don't care ^^ Each day several thousand of visitors use my list, so I have better things to do than running into infertile and subjective compare discussion.

BMZ_G likes this.
  19. Endimmion

Endimmion Big Damn Hero

Support for CommandStar has been added. For servers using it, you can see how many players are online.

20. Endimmion

Endimmion Big Damn Hero