1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Tutorial Starbound Server Management Console Release

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Icer, Dec 16, 2013.

1. B1uedot

B1uedot Poptop Tamer

I'm having a problem. I have my server running right next to me.

I installed Icer's Server Managment, got prompted to change to port 21024 so I can kick/ban so I accepted. I went into STARBOUND.CONFIG to change the gamePort to 21024. On my personal computer, not the server computer, I enter in (IP) xx.xx.xx.xx:21024 & 21025 and I can't connect. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

*I also entered in my router and changed my port forwarding to 21024-21025 instead of just 21025

** Also tried to disabled "Enable TCP redirect" but disabled or enabled doesn't seem to make a difference.

2. Kaillera

Kaillera Big Damn Hero

You shouldn't need to add the :port# in the ip address when connecting to a server with the client, if your server is not running off on the same computer.

3. B1uedot

B1uedot Poptop Tamer

Oh I see. I just tried that as well and isn't connected... :(

**GRRR!!! Now I can't connect to my server at all!!

The PC server is on, went back into the server_configuration file and change port back to 21025. Disabled TCP redirect and now I can't get back on my server. Awesome.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  4. neonx

neonx Yeah, You!

This works very nicely. Kudos Icer, thanks!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  5. shibdib

shibdib Starship Captain

Scrapped the console. Been noticing more errors and lag spikes since I started using this.

6. Icer

Icer Tentacle Wrangler

By changing the port and using it on the same machine, you need to specify the port now when you try to connect from your client.

this.is.my.ip:21025

7. B1uedot

B1uedot Poptop Tamer

I solved it!

The IP I was using was the IP address that the server management said it was. I then went to CMD and did IPCONFIG and used the IPv4 from the PC the dedicated server is on and I was able to connect. It did say that port 21025 was not allowing it to go through when hosting through the server management, so instead of going to Google for a fix I changed it to 21024, which would give me those nice admin commands so it works out. I can now kick/ban and see who's online no problem.

8. supernet2

supernet2 Existential Complex

Looking at it, your program has no more memory leaks at least right now. the old version ran into memory leaks after 20+ users connected, oddly private sector ram began to rapidly expand, and the server cpu threads started dieing unexplainably. Although user feedback determined that they had no issues just the host machine (my server system) ran into severe hickups to the point of meltdown/system lockup. runtimes were usually 2-4hours in length, if errors unfolded in about maybe 15-20minutes time (due to clients loading in mods that were not also on server) the server would look for mod files that weren't available as well (or the client would request for them despite having it on client side) and the error log would eventually lead to server crash. Anyway just saying great job on the program ill let you know how it functions... although i'd like to see a rolling log system so that after say 100k log entries it will save it as say "starboundserverlog1.log" or something of the sort. This may prevent future server log crashes

9. Shirou

Shirou Aquatic Astronaut

What happend with this Tool? I use to only type in my ip without :21025, now i can't connect anymore without adding the port... Please fix it so only the ip works as well.

EDIT: I need to open PORT 21024 for people to only use the IP.. but then the Kick/Ban don't work anymore.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  10. Kaillera

Kaillera Big Damn Hero

Note that the Gameport needs to be changed from the server side. If you're hosting this with your own pc you will need to add :21025. If you did it on both the server hosting and your own computer, it will not work.

11. Shirou

Shirou Aquatic Astronaut

Hosting it on my windows dedicated server, the gameport is changed to 21024 and i use to connect just with my ip without adding the port.. for some reason now i can't connect just with the ip but need to add the port.

12. supernet2

To reconfirm this... server works on my end.

Ticked Enable TCP redirect.

Keep all port forwarding to your static ip @ port # 21025.

In the starbound folder modify the starbound.config.

Look for "Gameport:" on line 20 (with notepad++) modify gameport to be

"gamePort" : 21024,

save starbound.config as starbound_.config

delete starbound.config in starbound directory.

Rename starbound_.config to starbound.config

restart server with the management consolve v0.33

Kick function should NOW WORK. It worked for me. if it doesn't re-explain step by step what you did.

Oh and for login on local machine i use 127.0.0.1 for login from machine on same network i use the static ip :20125 (ex: 192.168.1.87:20125 )

For external just the global ip

nectarprime likes this.
  13. Shirou

Shirou Aquatic Astronaut

I have no issues with kicking people.. my problem is i can't connect to my server IP anymore i need to add port 21025.. for example..

I use to be able to connect with IP x.x.x.x, now i need to connect with IP x.x.x.x:21025, then only it allows me in the game, but why before i could connect without adding the port?

14. NeoSanguine

NeoSanguine Void-Bound Voyager

Very nice. You said that this would run on linux, but would it run on a linux based server? For example Ubuntu or CentOS.

15. wolvern

wolvern Orbital Explorer

GUYS.... what if the person has a space in their name........

/kick bob marley pass doesn't work... even with {} or "" or '' and even _ or no space

16. DarkOS

DarkOS Big Damn Hero

just wanted to say this has been working very well. thanks for making it.

17. Icer

Icer Tentacle Wrangler

That is a valid issue and I had no considered it until you mentioned it. I will fix that right away, thank you.

The headless version almost done.

18. shibdib

shibdib Starship Captain

I will definitely be using the headless version.

19. supernet2

Looking at it, the wrapper attaches itself to the starbound_server.exe acting as a route/redirecter. It redirects traffic, so putting in port 21025 is neccessary on a lan machine, for local, i never had to use that, but i assume since i run directly from local server system it doesn't require the :20125 (no idea why). When i run from a local machine their is no ip needed other than LAN ip (static ip), and the port. Thats when it seems to apply. For remotely like say on another network to my server, nobody needs to use anything more than the ip unless i set it to a different port. Even then UPNP automatically knows what to bind the ip to based on if its enabled or not and the port defined in the gameport setting.

Since im not the developer of this program i can only go off of what i've seen, how the program acts and what i've noticed from trial and error.

20. Heya, this doesn't work if we use one dedicated server software to access it remotely doesn't it?
    It would be nice if capable to auth to one external host and return the same info :p