1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Tutorial Starbound Server Management Console Release

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Icer, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Shirou

Shirou Aquatic Astronaut

What did you do making yours work?

2. NakashimaKun

NakashimaKun Pangalactic Porcupine

Mine fully works all I did was checked all the ports. If you need help on windows I could teamviewer and help you :)

3. Shirou

Shirou Aquatic Astronaut

It's just my Kick Players etc don't work -.- how can i get this sorted on windows?

4. shibdib

shibdib Starship Captain

Don't use http://www.quantumg.net/portforward.php

The program here does the redirect for you.

5. Shirou

Shirou Aquatic Astronaut

Got mine sorted now thanks :) Only issue was i was allowing the starbound_server.exe in the allow list in the firewall since this tool i needed to open port 21025 for it to work properly and then set my port to 21024 in the starbound config.

6. Shirou

Shirou Aquatic Astronaut

Noticed now when running with this problem, Gametracker now picks the server up as "Dead" can't scan port 21025, i can add port 21024 though but then it's gonna be no point as it's then skipping through the management console for players to connect..

7. chipmonk0111

chipmonk0111 Poptop Tamer

Do you know if Gametracker uses TCP or UDP? I think Icer's program only redirects TCP connections.

8. Shirou

Shirou Aquatic Astronaut

They use TCP as well.

9. Mechrior

Mechrior Scruffy Nerf-Herder

ok i have edited the config file to the right port and the .jar is in the win32 folder but the program just sits on Loading... in the server status box

10. klarkc

klarkc Space Hobo

Any news about running this to manage a remote linux server, without X?

11. Mortalsinn

Mortalsinn Zero Gravity Genie

I have noticed that using this massively increases my memory usage. After the servers been up an hour I am using over 8 gigs of Ram...not a big deal since I have more then that but it's pretty much doubled the usage. Just thought you'd want to know :D

12. Icer

Icer Tentacle Wrangler

That's good information, thank you. I'll look into memory optimization and storage on my side.

Since I wrap the server though, that exe should be still be using the same memory. If you could confirm that I'd appreciate it. The only memory increase should be from my java app (which should be MUCH smaller than the Starbound server).

13. Mortalsinn

check this out - I think you will see why my memory usage is so high...any ideas why this is happening???

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  14. Mortalsinn

So I shut my server down and manually killed the second running task...not sure how that happened. Started it up and all seems to be good now.

I have noticed a new behaviour though....after running about an hour people aren't able to connect, they get some sort of unverified server version error or something like that. Could have nothing to do with your program...just thought I'd mention it.

15. Teh_gyRo

Teh_gyRo Poptop Tamer

Requesting headless version, or permission to modify it for that purpose.

Thanks.

16. supernet2

supernet2 Existential Complex

well done, glad you developed a console. I really didnt' wanna invest the time in creating one, ill be using this, and if its alright making custom modifications of my own to it for my own purposes (not releasing) is that alright?

17. Icer

Icer Tentacle Wrangler

Features - v0.32
    12am EST 12/17/2013
    • Added automatic server port adjust, requires owner confirmation
    • Fixed bug where servers would not get terminated resulting in multiple servers running
    • Added Admin slash command, password and whitelist protected
      • /kick {player} {password}
        • Removes player from server
      • /banhour {player} {password}
        • Bans player for one hour
      • /banday {player} {password}
        • Bans player for one day
      • /ban {player} {password}
        • Bans player permanently

Mortalsinn likes this.
  18. Mortalsinn

Awesome. Will test this asap. Thank you

19. Fizzy Amp

Fizzy Amp Void-Bound Voyager

Why i can't edit on the ip address from server management? I have a dedicated server, not my ISP.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  20. Mortalsinn

Regarding Version 0.32 - when I start my server the GUI opens up but nothing happens. Everything sits there blank. What am I supposed to do?

Mechrior likes this.