1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Tutorial Starbound Server Management Console Release

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Icer, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Shirou

Shirou Aquatic Astronaut

You can't port forward on windows firewall, you can just open a port, and opening port 21026 does not do anything.

2. GrayAu

GrayAu Space Hobo

example what ports you kept open and forwarded on your router, as well as in your Starbound Config file would be nice.
    I do love this though if I can get those options working <3

3. bkg

bkg Subatomic Cosmonaut

4. Shirou

Shirou Aquatic Astronaut

Thanks for this but when i click redirection and adding port 21025 to go to 21026 and press ok nothing happens, it does not add it to the list for some weird reason.

5. Mortalsinn

Mortalsinn Zero Gravity Genie

Edit: Nevermind, all good!

6. Syntax42

Syntax42 Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm sure this works great for people who have an OS with a GUI. A lot of people are using Linux for servers, though. Also, it doesn't seem to have an option for configuring the listen port yet. Some may not be able to use the default port of 21025.

I'm willing to wait for official admin tools for managing my server. If I had a public server, I would use unique passwords and ban based on that instead of IP addresses due to the ease of changing one's IP address.

7. SpikeTheSpaceCowboy

SpikeTheSpaceCowboy Tentacle Wrangler

Until he has a fix in for people running there server as a service. You can give this a go , it is confirmed to work with the starbound server running as a service. Although it does not include all of the features that Icer has worked on. The connected users, and their respective I.P. address is fully working, with chat, and loaded worlds to be released soon, most likely within the week. I will be continuing development on it until Icer releases a version that is more fleshed out.

It should work fine on an OS with no GUI, but it is the windows branch of another project. If I get enough interest I will develop the Linux branch as well, since the original project is, I assume, now dead.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    Dipdac likes this.
  8. Mortalsinn

Working great so far :D

[​IMG]

9. gnarlor

gnarlor Space Spelunker

Amazing piece of software, brilliant! No problems thus far, I love it! Thank you so much!

10. Shirou

Shirou Aquatic Astronaut

just wish mine could work, when i open it it's stuck on "Loading"

11. nectarprime

nectarprime Sandwich Man

All logged on users are showing as the same IP. Kick and ban functions do not seem to be working.

12. Mortalsinn

Did you change your game port in your config as per the instructions? do you have TCP redirect checked off?

13. shibdib

shibdib Starship Captain

Great stuff!

Remote access would be even better

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  14. germyliok

germyliok Intergalactic Tourist

Great work! Is it possible to add an ability to chat as administrator in this server console? Without logging in game, server...

15. nectarprime

nectarprime Sandwich Man

This was the problem. Working now.

Would love this.

16. Shirou

Shirou Aquatic Astronaut

ok got it working half way :) console should been placed in the server folder but now it works etc.. but i can't ban or kick players that does not work.

17. shibdib

shibdib Starship Captain

2 must ahve things.

Remote access (Which is doable now but built in would be nice)

and the ability to filter out the warn's in the log.

Also the chat log right now is useless as you can't scroll up if people are actively talking

18. NakashimaKun

NakashimaKun Pangalactic Porcupine

I second Shibdib's feature request as I highly need the remote access via a website or something would be great.

19. DarkOS

DarkOS Big Damn Hero

works great. thanks so much!

20. GrayAu

GrayAu Space Hobo

nevermind you updated the version when you made the port change!
    works perfectly now
    thanks I knew something was wrong with 21026 because it can't bind to that socket