1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Tutorial Starbound Server Management Console Release

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Icer, Dec 16, 2013.

1. devilen84

devilen84 Tentacle Wrangler

I have Linux systems if you want I can test for you on Linux OS just let me know if you would like some help with this part of the server management console.

2. Michelle911

Michelle911 Orbital Explorer

thanks supernet2 :) I think I pretty much got things figured out now. my whole problem was in inadvertently running two copies of the server at once :facepalm: the patience and help are much appreciated! :D

btw, the /players command doesn't work for me either. guess it's working for some and not for others... and not seeing the MOTD.

and btw #2 Icer, this is fantastic work! :D KUDOS! and TYVM!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  3. Borgius

Borgius Tentacle Wrangler

output lines scores all players chat, do not fix it, no source, no author

this console is periodically turned on and off ... server running at this time. This mystical work annoying.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  4. Borgius

Borgius Tentacle Wrangler

Where the creator of this console? Where are all gone?

5. M4MKey

M4MKey Aquatic Astronaut

Hmmm.. wanted to try this on my little LAN. Seems to work but impossible to have the console to open in admin rights. I can see the CLI, can turn off the server. But can't do anything else...

6. SpeedRazor

SpeedRazor Orbital Explorer

Has anyone tried this with Furious Koala yet?

7. DarkOS

DarkOS Big Damn Hero

it works very basically. it does not update any of the fields though other than the log window. essentially pointless to run it right now

8. Brockway

Brockway Pangalactic Porcupine

i'm not agree, thince with this update, crash is regular, auto-restart is pretty usefull...

9. DarkOS

DarkOS Big Damn Hero

mine doesn't auto-restart so I would say you are lucky that is working for you

10. Fenrirthviti

Fenrirthviti Tentacle Wrangler

Dev seems to have vanished for this project. Sad, I really liked this one.

11. Michelle911

Michelle911 Orbital Explorer

I like it too... is similar to another server console in a game of mine.... hopefully they're still out there, lurking... would be very cool to see this updated

12. Brockway

Brockway Pangalactic Porcupine

13. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

Yeah that one was gorgeous ... but but you know the story ...

14. Crashdoom

Crashdoom Pangalactic Porcupine

We're working on getting it updated to the latest version, should have it done pretty soon :) The executable for those who want to use them are available via Atlassian On-Demand so they are build directly from the GitHub source. Any questions, PM me~ :)

15. tempest_kitty

tempest_kitty Big Damn Hero

well since the game update the file i normaly use to run the linux dedicated server is missing from the directory and running the starbound_server file from terminal window always ends in a error.

So i thought i would give this a go... when i use your loader the server crashes out. here it is.

Info: Placing dungeon at (4353, 1687)
    Warn: Failed to place dungeon object: floranlight direction: 0 position: (4313, 1695)
    Warn: Failed to place dungeon object: floranlight direction: 0 position: (4506, 1700)
    Warn: Failed to place dungeon object: floranlight direction: 0 position: (4314, 1706)
    Warn: Failed to place dungeon object: floranlight direction: 0 position: (4407, 1707)
    Warn: Failed to place dungeon object: floranlight direction: 0 position: (4395, 1749)
    Warn: Failed to place dungeon object: floranbonestool direction: 0 position: (4308, 1773)
    Warn: Failed to place dungeon object: floranpainting5 direction: 0 position: (4500, 1782)
    Warn: Failed to place dungeon object: floranpainting1 direction: 0 position: (4500, 1791)
    Warn: Failed to place dungeon object: floranpainting1 direction: 0 position: (4496, 1833)
    Warn: Perf: UniverseServer::createWorld millis: 4890
    Info: Shutting down Star::Root
    Error: Fatal Exception Caught: NetworkException: Cannot bind socket to [ipv4]*:21025: Address already in use
    .local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/linux64/starbound_server(_ZN4Star13StarExceptionC2ERKSs+0xfe) [0xdc601e]
    .local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/linux64/starbound_server(_ZN4Star16NetworkExceptionC2ERKSs+0x11) [0xd75bb1]
    .local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/linux64/starbound_server(_ZN4Star6Socket4bindERKNS_11HostAddressE+0x2bc) [0xd7560c]
    .local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/linux64/starbound_server(_ZN4Star9TcpServerC1ENS_6StringEt+0x98) [0xd75778]
    .local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/linux64/starbound_server(_ZN9__gnu_cxx13new_allocatorIN4Star9TcpServerEE9constructIS2_JRNS1_6StringERtEEEvPT_DpOT0_+0X38) [0x847698]
    .local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/linux64/starbound_server(_ZNSt23_Sp_counted_ptr_inplaceIN4Star9TcpServerESaIS1_ELN9__gnu_cxx12_Lock_policyE2EEC2IJRNS0_6StringERtEEES2_DpOT_+0x4b) [0x84773b]
    .local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/linux64/starbound_server(_ZNSt14__shared_countILN9__gnu_cxx12_Lock_policyE2EEC2IN4Star9TcpServerESaIS5_EJRNS4_6StringERtEEESt19_Sp_make_shared_tagPT_RKT0_DpOT1_+0x4c) [0x8477ac]
    .local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/linux64/starbound_server(_ZNSt12__shared_ptrIN4Star9TcpServerELN9__gnu_cxx12_Lock_policyE2EEC1ISaIS1_EIRNS0_6StringERtEEESt19_Sp_make_shared_tagRKT_DpOT0_+0x2b) [0x84781b]
    .local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/linux64/starbound_server(_ZN4Star14UniverseServer3runEv+0x147) [0x83da37]
    .local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/linux64/starbound_server(main+0x572) [0x7c88f2]
    /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf5) [0x7f8ffbc95ea5]
    .local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/linux64/starbound_server() [0x7ce57d]

<ISSMConsole> Server Shutdown

Bare in mind, that before the update the server was running fine. Every one could connect from the outside and it had no issues. Im running a 64bit install of Mint 15 nothing special. any pointers would be wonderful.

16. Soulztealer

Soulztealer Master Chief

How is the update coming along for this?

Surrealer likes this.
  17. Fenrirthviti

Development on ISSMConsole appears dead. It's not working because the server changed significantly in the most recent update. StarrPy is an alternative with many of the same features (web interface planned soon).

Maffi and Carrots Are Mediocre like this.
  18. silvariakiralv

silvariakiralv Void-Bound Voyager

I just tackled (and triumphed!) setting up a starbound server for some friends last night.

I think tonight, or in the next few days, I will attempt to get this working as well. I'm running Xubuntu 13.04 on a dated macbook (approx. 2006). I will update with successes or failures.

Hoping all is well for Icer, since he(she/they?!) have been absent for a little while per the recent posts. Hopefully, I can supply some information on how this runs on Linux. Thanks to Icer everyone who has contributed! It looks like this has come an enormously long way from its start!!

19. Fenrirthviti

FYI this does not work with the latest version of Starbound, and the developer is MIA.

20. silvariakiralv

silvariakiralv Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you kindly for this information, Fenrirthviti :) You probably saved me a bit of time. I'll root around for another functional server wrapper.