1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Modded Starbound Serenity [24/7] [mods] [roleplay]

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by InF165, Mar 19, 2016.

1. InF165

InF165 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]
    http://www.starboundserenity.com/home

Serenity is an Enforced Roleplay community and server for mature players aged 18 and older.

Our community features:
    • A Modded and re-balanced server - Our custom modpack is designed to enhance both the base game and roleplay potential. These mods were not simply tossed together; they have been used only with the permission of their authors, and their contents have been painstakingly re-balanced to be compatible with one another, including the Avali and Peglaci races. With the Serenity modpack, you will enjoy fuller and deeper gameplay.
    • Protected Server - Serenity operates via an application process and has full whitelist infrastructure. Roleplay Enforcers (RPEs) are around to moderate both in-character and out-of-character conflict.
    • Documented Lore to explore and create - based off of a melding of the Firefly television series and Starbound lore
    • Colonies to Explore and Build - Serenity features both NPC colonies and PC-organized communities. Player-run colonies are strongly encouraged and incentivized, and are always looking for new citizens. Alternatively, found a new colony, and invest hard-earned credits into protection and community resources (or revenue sources)!
    • Events and story! - Serenity's staff (and players) act as Dungeon Masters in unique, server-wide storylines. Don't just hang out in a bar all day; go out and adventure!
    • Crews to form and jobs to do - It can be tough to survive out there in the 'Verse...but one tried and true method? Find a crew. Find a job. Keep flying.
    • Character Sheets and dice! - Tired of god-moding, unbalanced mechanical PvP, or conflicts that never go anywhere? Serenity features a fleshed-out dice rolling system. With extensive documentation and a diversity of available skills, you can craft a character sheet to match your concept. Excel in combat, technology, stealth, medical arts, or a host of other skills. Note: This character sheet system is not required for casual roleplay and can be eased into.
    • Tight-nit community - Starbound Serenity has been active since December 2013 and we plan to remain so for many more years! Join us today.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  2. Evis

Evis Void-Bound Voyager

Hi there person reading this thread. c: I am an active member of this community and I've come here specifically to offer my endorsement to this server. It is a place full of amazingly fun people, skilled Staff who are great at hosting their RP events, dynamic opportunities, and all sorts of fun. Now, I will admit, the server isn't for everyone due to our mechanics system in place, it can be confusing at first and it takes some practice to get good at. But once you do, the immersion into your character increases exponentially.

Now, I ask you to listen, to give the application process a try and join the community! If you need any help or anything. You can go ahead and join our TS3 channel (it's on the website, the one under the banner.)

Bah-bye now, I hope to meet you soon!

-Mi'goe/Stranglebramble

3. Evis

Evis Void-Bound Voyager

Lots of fun stuff going on the server!

4. Circle Cell

Circle Cell Void-Bound Voyager

Do you have to be familiar with the Serenity and Firefly stuff?

5. Flying Turtle

Flying Turtle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No, you dont have to be; Its more of the sci-fi western style than the plot.

6. Arsakes

Arsakes Phantasmal Quasar

Do you enforce combat roleplaying? Or I have real pvp if both sides agree?

7. Evis

Evis Void-Bound Voyager

It's roll based combat. So progression does matter character wise here. c:

8. InF165

InF165 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Roll based combat is the default, which can be moderated by staff upon request. If everyone involved in a combat session agrees to a different method, they may do so, but staff typically won't moderate these other methods if there is a problem.

9. The O5 Director

The O5 Director Big Damn Hero

Long-time player, won't give my name immediately, but...

It's far and away better than any other RP server.

If only because combat isn't a complete shitshow. Combat is very balanced.

GO JOIN THIS SERVER

10. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

What mods do you have?
    and are there any ways to oncince you to add more mods? such as the frackinraces mod (it doesnt need frackin universe anymore) and the mech mods?

11. Flying Turtle

Staff on the server here, we aren't planning on any more races any time soon, though we do have three custom races: The Avali, Peglaci, and Faunis. The Faunis arent based off of a mod, and are somewhat unique to the server. You can check out the lore we have on them on our website. The rest of the mods are mostly things to add more cosmetics, building materials, and general rp helping mods. We dont use Frackin' Universe anymore.

jonathonspy likes this.
  12. jonathonspy

jonathonspy Existential Complex

ah, ok

13. GoldenstarArtist

GoldenstarArtist Cosmic Narwhal

Junk Chase! Salvaging Event! 11/06/2016 3pm PST Sunday -> LINK HERE

Click "Times Worldwide" to convert to your timezone!

Synopsis:

Flickering across the cortex "Jobs Wanted" Section A brief though static message would appear, before promptly disappearing, However spreading around via messaging and word of mouth the 'employment opportunity' would still be available! And would be presented as such:

For the people who where passed around the message it would come with both a text'ed dialog and a video recording; though the video recording would be of poor quality and filled with static. Standing in front of a pile of scrap metal in what looks to be the cargo hold of a rather large ship a rather battered looking glitch would stand in of the recorder. One monocle-looking eye along a smaller normal looking one, Several wires where open and exposed on the glitch as well as equally noted that their paneling was made up of several different colors, showing the glitch was likely rather old or had been repaired many times.

"Inquiring. Looking to hire some hands to Asst with an upcoming Salvaging trip. Indiscriminate. Previous experience is not required, but space is limited, as is supplies so bring your own. Informative. Our upcoming Salvaging trip will be gathering supplies from a-a-a-a gathering s-s-s - " *The glitch would spaz for a moment as if stuck on a loop, another glitch would walk by in the background, seeming to notice this before patching a few lose wires on the bot then caring on as if nothing happened.* "Rebooting. System restored. Pondering. Where was I? Recalling! Oh yes! - "Informative. Our upcoming salvaging trip will be gathering supplies from a Asteroid salvage field. Dangerous. Our hires will be required to bring OOA protection, and if bringing their own vessels should be warned of the dangers of Asteroid travel."

"Informative. Anyone interested in joining our exhibition please forward your contact information to us on the Sparkernauts; or if you wish to contact me personally, My name is Circuitrench, and I will be your captain. Hopeful. Will hear form you very soon!"

*The feed cuts with details remaining on the message below*

Player Requirements:

• Standard OOA Suit, or OOA Capeable Armor Required.
      • You will only be able to bring a max of 3 items to this event. This includes MK items, cortex items and trinkets. Excludes Standard OOA suit.
      • You may bring 1 Light/Medium Mecha, OR Aerospace Vehicle. If you choose to do so, you must have someone man it the entire time. Nothing is to be left unattended.
      • Player May Bring 1 NPC, this NPC however will not be allowed to do search or other reward related rolls.
      • NPC's IV/AI or not, all need an OOA suit, and are allowed to Bring upto 3 items within their skill set. (they can't carry items for you, but they can bring their own items.)
      • To Attend this event, you must post who/what your bringing 24 hours ahead of time.

Asteroid Salvage Field
    [​IMG]

14. GoldenstarArtist

Hylotl Temple - White Frog Event! 12/04/2016 @ 4pm Sunday -> [LINK HERE]

Click "Times Worldwide" to convert to your timezone!

Synopsis:

With the verse currently in a state of simi-peace Monks the Famous Ryusui monastery and temple of "Frog" are opening their temple gates for the long held gift-swapping tradition of "White frog", All visitors are welcome to bring gifts and join the game, Although bringing gifts is not a requirement. However it is requested that all visitors remain polite and do not stir up conflict, as well as not feeding any of the monastery's "pets".

GIFTS ARE A REQUIREMENT
    Due to limited Funding Gifts are now REQUIRED for the White Frog event. Your gift may be a MK5, ArtsyK5, or MKX; or Double Mk3 (Double MK3s can be a item that is both Artsy and mk at lv3, or twin weapons/items at MK3. In the case of two mk3's please make sure they are somehow a matching set. Do not put random items together Thank you.) Contact me Personally when your Item is Ready so I can make record of it ahead of time. -Jen

Temple of Frog
    [​IMG]

Temple of Frog's Gunscanner Information

An advanced security device in the Core, most banks and government buildings have a Newtech Gunscanner installed at security checkpoints. Of course, folk with the proper permits can carry weapons, but all others will have their weapons confiscated.

The scanners can be calibrated to detect a lot of things, though most look for a concentration of metals, traces of common propellant chemicals, and the ID chips installed in most legally acquired firearms.

Includes a small localized force field to keep the individual from fleeing when an alarm is sounded.

This particular scanner can be calibrated to find certain materials- but it decreases it's effectiveness at finding other materials not relevant to the one you calibrate it for. You can set the Newtech Gun Scanner to search for four items or materials.

DC 40 Weapons
    A weapon is defined as:
    Firearms, Swords, all non-utensil bladed objects (scalpels excluded) and all non-tool (small, lightweight) such as: hammers, Axes, Clubs, knifes.
    Cultural Exemptions:
    • Samurais with Samurai swords
    • People of Law-biding factions who are of high military rank may carry their standard issued weapon.
    • Gifts for the temple.

DC 35 Hazardous Materials
    Standard hazmat (including biological) materials list.

DC 30 Drugs, addictive substances.
    Standard list of drugs and addictive substances.
    Provisional Exemption: Drugs being used for medical purpose, proof required: Labels, doctors notes, etc

DC 25 Signal blocking devices
    Jabberwocki, etc

DC15-Streetwise/Investigation/Racial Culture

The temple of Frog is a Floating Hylotl monastery; occupied by a community of monks living under religious vows in the name of peace and harmony. Located on a ocean planet just around the edge of the core, the monks are known to live a peaceful though secluded lifestyle that many Hylotl envy.

DC25-Streetwise/Investigation/Racial Culture

As the name of the temple may suggest; The temple of Frog is most popularly known for it's frog-like 'Pets' The most famous of these are the Giant four-eyed tree frogs. Known for their Red-eyes, massive size, extremely powerful tongues and ability to climb walls; these frogs are known and capable of eating people of short statue. However much like a human 'dog' these frogs are very well trained and very loyal to the monks. And as such it is well advised to not bother them or the monks while they are around.

DC35

Not as well known as the frogs of the temple of frog; The giant toads of the temple will easily dwarf any normal statue person; and could just as well eat them. Though they tend to be less of a threat then the frogs of the temple, being slower, and not as easily provoked... However it only takes a few seconds to be grappled and eaten by these mammoths of nature... Though on a lighter note they are considered the most peaceful creature; even when compared to the monks themselves, women of the temple often trusting their own children to the toads. The toads too are best known for their beautiful singing, their croaks often mistaken as the more elegant frogs; when in reality most of the beautiful background noise of the temple is made up of the toads' singing.

DC45

Only a handful of people know of, or more less have seen the temple's true guardian... Not Frog nor Toad; a beast that is said to light up the entire ocean below the floating temple; and even power it on especially dark nights. Known by the temple residents as "Amit" Is a Massive Giant electrical eel; believed by many to be the living embodiment of the spirits that originally came to that planet to settle; as unlike the frogs or toads the eel is actually native to the ocean planet. However despite it's natural origins there has been no record of the Eel ever harming any of the residence, and has been seen, more then once, pluck enemy ships right from the air before they hopped to make a landing....

White is "White Frog"?

OOC Information

15. Setzer Gabbiani

Setzer Gabbiani Void-Bound Voyager

This seems interesting. I have been playing on a server with Frackin Universe, and looking for something that isn't so complicated, but at the same time, has more content than vanilla. I have never RPed before, the closest I have gotten is trying to make a planet with Bunnykin everywhere, although I eventually gave up because I found it stale with only Bunnykin. Would I have to ignore any game mechanics when doing PVE? Would I be able to do exclusively PVE, or mostly PVE? I'm mostly an introvert when it comes to online games, although I would like to do some stuff with other players. I'm mostly into learning how to do good builds.

16. GoldenstarArtist

We allow our players to play the game as normal; however in a table top scenario (much like DnD) combat is tied to a dice system rather then typical gameplay. This way we fousc more on the story then the starbound gameplay.

17. Setzer Gabbiani

Setzer Gabbiani Void-Bound Voyager

So the dice system is the only extra factor I would need to worry about? I think I read somewhere else that players are required to have character sheets for events. I could basically keep a text file open and use that to keep track of stats, right? And is there any way to prevent players from lying about stats? It still seems confusing, but from what I understand, it seems that I only need to worry about it with PVP and events, am I right? And as for PVE, would I always use events and RP to get the items I need? Or is it more like certain Minecraft servers where there are mods that restrict character abilities depending on what role they have? For instance, a Farmer only being able to do farming related things, and having to use a hoe to defend himself from mobs, or a Warrior having access to the strongest gear, but being unable to do most crafting related things.

18. Flying Turtle

All character sheets are posted on the forums and abide by set guidelines for stats. In terms of PVE, you're free to play the game, but things you do in-game don't directly translate to the IC system.

For example: You couldn't craft a full set of impervium in-game and then put a set of fully upgraded impervium on your character sheet. Similarly, you couldn't build an entire colony without having someone with IC skill in architecture to aid in the process.

Many players also use their character sheet stats for casual roleplay for things like social rolls and other rudimentary things, as most people come to enjoy the lack of conflict/argument that our dice system gives.

19. Strazyplus

Strazyplus Big Damn Hero

Is a great RP server, has avali :)

20. SteeleSyrenSongs

SteeleSyrenSongs Void-Bound Voyager

Wowowowow great seerver yeye lots of fun times

((I joke with bad typing skills))

Tis a very good server, i have fun