Starbound RPG powered by Fate

Discussion in 'Other Fan Creations' started by LordHypnos, Aug 27, 2015.

1. LordHypnos

LordHypnos Master Chief

Hello folks!
    You might wonder about the title, because roleplay is quite big in this forum, it even has its own subforum. Also, Starbound RPG Servers have their own area.

But I'm talking about oldschool Pen&Paper roleplaying. With real friends around a wooden kitchen table, with die and pencils and so on.

I'm a huge fan of P&P, and so I tried to connect Starbound with the Fate System (if you have no idea about Fate, take a look on the homepage of "Evil Hat Productions" ore simply google it (unfortunately I can't post links yet )

I already have a rough draft, but still the mos difficult part is to implement the "gahtering, crafting and building" features of the original game.

With all the different races and their already worked-out characteristics you have a very nice base for every kind of SciFi themed RPG. But why use Starbound if any other SciFi System would do the job? Some of the unique features from the original computer game should still be in the P&P.

What do you think? Would you like to gather round a table with your friends and Play Starbound P&P?

2. Veyond

Veyond Void-Bound Voyager

I would gather an RPG group around any of my favorite games, but currently I lack the XCOM board game.

Sounds like an interesting idea, nonetheless.

3. Apex-prey

Apex-prey Astral Cartographer

i would

4. Vurrunna

Vurrunna Giant Laser Beams

Starbound would definitely be an interesting setting for a good ol' fashioned Pen and Paper RPG. Having played Fate (and loved it), I think it could go very well, if handled correctly. Though are you talking theoretical possibly, or are you suggesting that some community people gather together to build some solid rules? 'Cause either way, I'd be pretty interested. The races in Starbound have a lot of potential for interesting campaigns.

5. llxWoodyll

llxWoodyll Void-Bound Voyager

If you could make the assets, you could technically play this game on Table Top Simulator ;)

6. felipez8

felipez8 Void-Bound Voyager

But with Rules and a few plugins or mods we can do it like the /roll is pretty common "all" rp servers use it[DOUBLEPOST=1452185700][/DOUBLEPOST]And if we got a lot of support we can open a teamspeak for all the ooc and we use starbound for ic.