1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Release (1.0)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Max_Radical, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Max_Radical

Max_Radical Space Hobo

Hello everyone! Glad to be a new member of this community. I just have one simple quest - does anyone know exactly when Starbound will release? Ive done a lot of research trying to answer this, and I hope I haven't overlooked the obvious answer, but I am just wondering on who's Friday Starbound releases.

As an Australian, usually I wouldn't mind and would just assume i'd play it on my Saturday, but i happen to have this Friday (AEST) off work, and would love to be able to try the game I've been waiting for since launch on my day off.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer, and all aboard the hype ship!

2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I'm also on AEST, and judging by the Dev Blog posts they're a day behind us (i.e. they posted the 17th blog post on the 18th to us). So, it looks like 1.0 will launch on Saturday for us. Not sure about a specific time, though.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  3. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

well, but that would mean it'd come a "day early" for those state-side, right?

p.s. I'm utterly terrible with anything regarding numbers.

4. Max_Radical

Max_Radical Space Hobo

Here's hoping Friday, and not 11pm.

5. Jonesy

No, it's usually very early morning.

6. pop-yotheweird

well, if your probably-expert opinion, should I download the Stable branch and leave it for an automatic update? or do it in one, totally-not-swift stroke?

7. zombieboy882

zombieboy882 Subatomic Cosmonaut

i hope it launches on the early Friday morning because me and my friends are going to play altogether! IT WILL BE FUN:lickitung::kitten:!

8. Jonesy

Probably wouldn't hurt to install beforehand, if only to make sure it works.

Also, I'm an idiot. If they're a day behind us, that means 1.0 launch on the 23rd for us, which is Saturday.

9. pop-yotheweird

well uhhhhh I guess it'd be a stretch to say "mostly-expert opinion" if that's the case.
    apologies plz dun ban me gooby

10. Jonesy

Sorry, I thought it was Wednesday.

pop-yotheweird likes this.
  11. pop-yotheweird

is it for me:nurutease:
    this is the first time months I've been confident what day it actually is.

12. XDarkPhoenixX

XDarkPhoenixX Pangalactic Porcupine

They tweeted the time it should/might release. 10am PST 22nd. So about 3am on Saturday for us Aussies. Little disappointed they didn't go for a worldwide Friday release I.e 1am - 3am PST 22nd. But at least it's releasing :cool: