Starbound Pre-Orders

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WMoose, Apr 15, 2013.

1. WMoose

WMoose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

While unrelated to Stardew Valley, it's all part of the same Family.

Starbound Pre-orders have become available through the main website! I have bought a copy, and highly recommend others to do so as well. It looks to be an exceptional game, and anything that helps the Chucklefish conglomeration will also benefit Stardew Valley. :)

http://playstarbound.com/store/

(Feel free to call me out on that if I am wrong by the way.)

• orb_outrider

orb_outrider Big Damn Hero

I would want to pre-order Stardew Valley when it's available. I'm excited for both these games. :D

• Elvis

Elvis Astral Cartographer

One of my all time favorite games is Harvest Moon for the Snes, I know I am gonna love SV. I will gladly pre order when it is available for pre.

WoxandWarf likes this.
        • WMoose

It's available now!

http://playstarbound.com/store/

There are several tiers of pre-order, ranging from a basic package to a super boss package where you can be commemorated as a statue in game! (Costly, but cool.)

• oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

Oh that's cool!

• sisterofthesea

sisterofthesea Aquatic Astronaut

I think he meant a preorder for Stardew Valley, not Starbound.

I already preordered Starbound, but will also preorder Stardew Valley when/if a preorder is available.

This year will mean the death of my social life... So many good games!

• WMoose

I know! >_< As I get older, everything just gets better. It's funny how long it took for someone to realize the dream of an improved retro Harvest Moon.

But seriously, even though it was inspired by HM, it's definitely a different game, with different themes and gameplay. It's going to be a fantastic game in its own right.

Bjoern_B likes this.
                • oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

I think plenty of people have thought of it, but ConcernedApe is the first to actually do it.

Bjoern_B likes this.
                  • WMoose

I personally lack the skills to create such a well thought out structure for a game like this, so I'm excited to see talented individuals taking up the yoke for the enjoyment of many. ConcernedApe has shown a prowess for delivering excellent art, and the gameplay mechanics are both enticing and fun from what I can tell.

• painman01

painman01 Orbital Explorer

damn you right mate :iswydt::cool:

• WMoose

Starbound Pre-orders have reached their second stretch goal and are now going for a third. PETS!

Non-combat pets for all your hopes and dreams! :D

• painman01

painman01 Orbital Explorer

and I pre-ordered now :D :proper:

• WMoose

Awesoooome. Every cent helps them out.

• TrinityMoon

TrinityMoon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

agreed Stardew valley while i do not follow it much does seem funny

• Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie Cosmic Narwhal

I'm pretty sure it doesn't benefit Stardew Valley in any way, it's not like ConcernedApe gets any of the money or that any of the money goes towards developing Stardew Valley.

• WMoose

Ah, but I never said he would. I said it would benefit Stardew Valley, and that's it. Logic would lead to reasoning that something positive for the publisher would be positive for the games being published, no?

• Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie Cosmic Narwhal

I never said you did, but, in this case something positive for the publisher doesn't really do anything for the games being published unless the publisher is directly involved in their development.
                                    Maybe you could tell me how it might benefit them? I really can't think of anything.

• WMoose

Being that good games bring enterprise to their business, and they are partnered up for the purpose of publishing, it wouldn't be farfetched to think that once Starbound is published that some devs might provide assistance with pushing out Stardew Valley. (IE: Providing some debugging, coding, etc.) I wouldn't think that they would just be like: "Oh, yeah, you can be in our club, but no-ones going to help you do anything, do it yourself."