1. This forum is for website and forum feedback ONLY. Please post Starbound bugs in the Support section. Any game-specific threads in this forum will be deleted.

Resolved Starbound pre-order pages gone

Discussion in 'Website Feedback/Issues' started by Auraknight, Feb 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Auraknight

Auraknight Weight of the Sky

I went to check up on my Diamond-tier pre-order page (The one you get linked to from humble Bundle) mostly to check to see if all the entries I'd put in there where still correct after the 'recent' attack that deleted much of the fourms. To my dismay, the page is 'missing' Is this intended?

2. TGS

TGS Former Staff

I've actually noticed this as well. Might be a bit problematic for those who wanted the DRM-free option such as myself given that it is now being sold on GOG and the Humble Bundle for it only has the soundtrack and not the actual game. Not sure how they would reconcile that though as I don't think GOG has a mechanism for them giving out keys like Steam does, and if they don't have their own standalone download it kind of means that those who pre-ordered through the site all that time ago would have to re-buy it to get it truly DRM-free. Yes I am aware that the Steam version is "DRM-free" in that it can be run without Steam, but many wouldn't consider that DRM-free.

3. If you pre-ordered, you should be able to download the game from Humble's site as of a few days ago. If you can't find your link, you can try using their resender: https://www.humblebundle.com/resender

If you didn't pre-order, you can get the game through Humble here: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/starbound_storefront - it says it's "provided via Steam key", but also lists "DRM Free" under "Platforms" so I would expect it to have a non-Steam download as well.

I'm not sure what happened to the pre-order pages, so @mollygos would have to comment on that.

Dunto likes this.
  4. TGS

TGS Former Staff

Ah, just checked the account page of Humble and it seems to be there now/is corrected. Must have been an odd issue on their end. As I looked just last week on my account and Starbound was simply not there. The Soundtrack was, the game was not.

mollygos likes this.
  5. I can confirm that there would be nothing missing from your pre-order page due to the attack, as that was only a case of someone logging into a forum account. We still have that information stored. :)
    And if I'm understanding correctly, then you should now be able to access your redeem page (the page where you can download the soundtrack/Steam key/Steam-free version of the game) through your Humble account settings. May have just been a random server error over the weekend? Let me know if I'm wrong!

Auraknight likes this.
  6. Auraknight

Still can't view my pre-order page, but at this point I'm guessing that's intentional. As for the Humble bundle thing that @TGS was talking about, I can confirm I can access DRM (or other acronym) from my humble bundle page.
    is there any ways I could make sure that I had all the entries filled out on my pre-order page, if it's not a bother? I just have a nagging suspicion that one was left blank for some odd reason...

7. I think what's meant is the playstarbound.com/redeem/XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX pages where you could enter what you wanted for higher tier rewards, as they seem to give a "page not found" message now.

Auraknight likes this.
  8. Auraknight

This exactly. Sorry if I wasn't giving an accurate enough description >.<

9. Sorry for misunderstanding!
    I've asked about this and we'll see if we can bring those pages back up.

Auraknight likes this.
  10. Auraknight

@mollygos
    Sorry to bring this back almost a week later, but is there any update on this?

11. Hey, sorry for the delay! This should legitimately work now, I just tested it. :)

Auraknight likes this.
  12. Auraknight

Thank you very much! Now I can re-assure the ceaseless nagging in the back of my head that I did, indeed fill in all the boxes @.@