1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Pool Party!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Musetrigger, May 12, 2014.

1. Musetrigger

Musetrigger Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

This came up out of nowhere and I honestly believe it's threadworthy.

So let's set the stage, shall we? In some hip and overly funded outpost in some part of the galaxy, there's this sweet ass swimming pool decked out like a tropical paradise. Everybody's invited and the open bar has LITERALLY EVERYTHING! It's "I wanna frickin' LIVE HERE" good!

That's the stage. Now how about the picture as a whole? What would be going on? How would the rules look? How would all the races fit in? That's the discussion.

It's our painting. Let's guide the brush together~
    I wish I had the time to draw the picture.

SirKaldar and WoxandWarf like this.
  2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

A Hylotl trying to convince a Glitch to jump off the diving board.

3. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

A sunbathing Floran using a Novakid as light.

Also my other ideas in the Starstucks chat which I'll post maybe later.

4. Musetrigger

Do it. Here's mine...

My human, Radcliff, is doing a can opener and topples over the nearest Big Ape apex on an inner-tube.

5. Zhi'ka

Zhi'ka Void-Bound Voyager

The pool is lava.

Musetrigger likes this.
  6. Namiwakiru

Namiwakiru Black Hole Surfer

A confused Floran with a deflated pool animal on the end of a spear.
    A Hylotl in his traditional loin cloth creeping a few bystanders out.
    I dunno why, but an Avian as the Life Saver, complete with Bay Watch flotation device and shades.

The Apex in a pool ring sounds perfect

SirKaldar, Jonesy, Elate and 2 others like this.
  7. F-ranko

F-ranko Heliosphere

A Novakid turning a corner of the pool into a hot-tub.

8. Archer

Archer Spaceman Spiff

A Novakid jumping off the diving board into the water and vaporizing the entire swimming pool.

SirKaldar, Jonesy and Musetrigger like this.
  9. creepwolf

creepwolf Giant Laser Beams

hylotls pretending to be sharks.
    The sloshing sound of people with fur.
    Some apex pretending they are that one eastern species that like to use hot springs during the winter.
    Secret underwater butt rubbing of the florans.
    Avians pretending to fly like penguins underwater.

And also zoidberg

SirKaldar, 333, Elate and 4 others like this.
  10. Fammia

Fammia Subatomic Cosmonaut

Giant Jelly Brian trying to mimic the *jellyfish swim* while being poked at underwater by a floran.

Musetrigger likes this.
  11. Wet-dog smell permeates the air as a soaking wet Apex man leaves the pool, his 1950s style red-and-white striped swim trunks flopping about as he shakes the water from his fur. Inadvertently he "waters" a floran girl near the snack bar as she chews on a freshly "liberated" animal torso. The two novakids across the pool splash water and bits of plasma at each other while the avians sit on the grass preening and ruffling their feathers. Much to the dismay of the hylotl, a human clearly decides that it's too much work to walk all the way to the bathrooms, causing a localized temperature change and irreparably modifying the PH balance of the pool, until the next time it's treated anyway. Finally we pan back to the glitch, sitting by herself watching as the others frolic, knowing that this version of herself isn't IP-67 water-proofed like her previous body.

(Thus ends the After School Special about properly water-proofing a glitch. I think we all learned a valuable lesson.)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
    rhomboid, SirKaldar, Jonesy and 3 others like this.
  12. Musetrigger

I just realized that the Chlorine in the pool would harm any Floran that goes for a dip.

And I'm fairly certain Apex are smart enough to keep their personal hygiene in check.

Bio-engineered Anti-wet dog shampoo. Big Ape approves.

SirKaldar and Rezerkity like this.
  13. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Panel1: Lintton notices a Floran lying next to her while sunbathing.

Panel 2: Lintton offers the Floran sunscreen.

Panel 3: The Floran comically munches on the sunscreen, tube and all, as Lintton looks in wide eyed shock.

Panel 4: The Floran delivers the equivalent of a "toothy grin", as Lintton sighs.

Floran jokes aside, I have a pet or two that can double as pool toys.

Heartstrings likes this.
  14. Fiben Bolger

Fiben Bolger Pangalactic Porcupine

After finding out there are people who have moral qualms about killing that thing, you go and give it a name?

Elate and ThePenguinNich like this.
  15. creepwolf

creepwolf Giant Laser Beams

16. The Apex may be smart enough to do that, but that doesn't mean all Apex will. It's been confirmed (via Science) that people can bathe, but some don't because well... they're gross or apathetic
    He has a name, now we have to feed him and take care of him. What the hell does a giant, bloodthirsty, ravenous jellyfish monster eat? Screw it, we'll just say it "ran away in the middle of the night" and drop it off at the Space ASPCA.

17. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Yonghzi would be hanging out at the bar with Derrick. (sorry, couldn't resist)

An Apex would be at the bar, saying that the bananas are the best and everything else is forbidden.
    A Human would be at the bar, saying that the hamburgers are the best and everything else is lackluster.
    A Floran would be at the bar, eating a shishkabob, saying that Apex and Human leave bad taste in mouth.

Yzzey likes this.
  18. Musetrigger

[​IMG]
    I did not make this thread just so I can draw Lily in a tube top. Don't judge.

19. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

An avian would be in the pool, with a rubber ducky float ring.

20. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time