1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Starbound online multiplayer cross-services

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by MintKechup, Oct 17, 2018.

1. MintKechup

MintKechup Intergalactic Tourist

Hello Starbound community! I have a question that will where to buy the game. So, I have never played this game but have only watched my friends play it through Discord chat. I want to purchase this game from the Discord store, but I'm not sure if I can play with my Steam friends. So my question is: Can I play with my Steam friends if I buy it through Discord? and if so, How?

Edit: I was told by Discord staff that it was possible, however I still need to know how to play together. Is it a server? Do I connect to an IP like Minecraft? And how complicated is it?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  2. MarinaLam

MarinaLam Mop

Do you want to play a game in multiplayer mode with your friends? I think this can be happen when you play your favorite game on the PC or the console account. If you have this then you can invite your friends online to join in your on going friends. This is the cool thing.