1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Starbound not running on Steam

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Gingerale726, Jul 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Gingerale726

Gingerale726 Void-Bound Voyager

For me, Starbound isn't working on steam, and i've tried all I can to fix it. Although I can just play it by going into the .exe file in the directory, I want to use steam, because I want to access the multiplayer on steam and the mods. Please help quick!

2. Midgetman225

Midgetman225 Void-Bound Voyager

I am having the same issue, nothing I have found has helped, not even a 100% clean re-installation. For me, the game window pops up for a moment, but instead of the Chucklefish logo/giggle we all know and "love", I get a big white box and silence, then it crashes. This is with no mods installed.

3. SkyCake

SkyCake Seal Broken

Same problem. Anyone happen to find a fix?

Edit: So, after reading through my logs, I noticed that Avali Augment Armors was causing the issue. Not sure what changed to cause the issue, but unsubbing to that mod seems to have fixed it.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please always attach a copy of your starbound.log
    Without it it's totally hard to track down the issue and find a possible solution for it.

~ Iris ~

5. vulpis

vulpis Void-Bound Voyager

I've also had issues starting the game both on steam and via the exe, no mods so I don't understand why it is breaking. I've verified the files and done a reinstall and it won't work.

Attached Files: