1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Starbound Not Launching Anymore

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by tracer_see, Jan 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. tracer_see

tracer_see Void-Bound Voyager

I had played starbound previously but a couple days ago it stopped I have NO mods installed and it literally opens up the game has a black screen and a white square where the logo should be sits there for a couple seconds and then closes here's the log as well if it answers anything

Attached Files:

2. Bleubile

Bleubile Intergalactic Tourist

I have the same problem. I have never had any mods and have not played the game for about one month. I hit play, the Chucklefish or a white square comes up, and then the game is frozen. The screen says "Close program" or "Wait for the program to respond". I have uninstall/reinstalled at least 12 times, rebooted many times, and tried installing on other drives to no avail. Tried playing about 50 times and one time it worked. Played at least 4 years w/ no prob. and have not adjusted any settings since originally installed. I have a Asus Model #: GL551J using Windows.
    After mailing the company at contact@chucklefish.org this is the reponse I got:

Could you try right clicking the steam icon and selecting to 'run as an administrator'?
    I've heard a few reports of that working for people with a similar issue.

I did this and it worked. but logged out It worked after I ran it as admin for 2 + hours even after I logged in and out multiple times but then I went to dinner and when I tried to log back in afterwards it was doing the same thing again. I have mailed them again last week with no response yet. Maybe if enough people mailed them we might get a fix? I do not know what to do but would like to play again. Do not think buying another copy would fix it. Any ideas?

3. KitShifter

KitShifter Intergalactic Tourist

I have the same issue. Worked fine before, played the game without problems for a year. It’s been a while since I played. Tried to launch and I just get a black screen with a white square in the middle, which instantly closes. No error message.

4. Sadill

Sadill Yeah, You!

I've been having this problem for a coupe months and I haven't found anything that works to fix it yet.

If I'm lucky and start Starbound from Steam before I open anything else, I might get lucky and have it running.

5. FooFoo4230

FooFoo4230 Space Hobo

I was able to start starbound from the game files but it had no mods.
    time to try again.