1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Music Discussion

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Aetherus, Jul 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aetherus

Aetherus Aquatic Astronaut

I did a quick search and saw nothing.

Here's a place to discuss the music of Starbound. You can talk about your favourites and how they have affected your choice of planet. A link to Curtis's Souncloud is here soundcloud.com/curtis-schweitzer this is link to all his songs. It includes more songs than his normal Starbound track including desert battle 2 and ocean battle 1.

When I first entered the Soundcloud I didn't realise you could scroll down (idiot) and therefore I only saw the first 10 songs. This lead to my favourites being the arctic planet and me wanting to live on one. Then I found the scroll bar. I loved forest battle 2 but was still attached to the arctic battles and couldn't decide which planet I wanted to live on.

Later on I found that there were more songs on Curtis's main page. I found Desert battle 2 and I then had three planets to choose from, though forest battle 1 spoiled that planet for me.

But enough of me, what is your favourite song, how has it affected your homeworld planet choice.

Breather likes this.
  2. Giant Squid

Giant Squid Zero Gravity Genie

I have always enjoyed snow biomes in almost any game, and the wonderful "stereotypical" music that goes with it is awesome. Slow tempos, chimes and bells, lighthearted yet often eerie as well... It's wonderful. I enjoy the lonely feeling that it sometimes invokes (LoZ:Twilight Princess, Journey, etc., and the happy and upbeat feeling it invokes other times (Diddy Kong Racing, Super Mario 64, etc.)

What we have heard for Starbound so far is great. I have listened to all the tracks multiple times over, and I enjoy them all for different reasons. Some remind me of old school gaming music, while others bring about a sense of modern gaming. All of them feel like they fit the game very well. I hope most of the tracks make it into the finished product. It makes me tingle with delight to imagine myself exploring the ocean and snow biomes while listening to the corresponding songs.

3. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

My favorite track was "Crystal Battle 1" (#20 on the playlist). It churned my stomach and gave me goosebumbs. So I'll probably live on a crystal planet. :up:

YoungUnicorn likes this.
  4. Aetherus

Aetherus Aquatic Astronaut

Giant Squid said:
    I listen to them everytime I'm on the computer. They're all absolutely amazing and have a style I haven't seen in other games before.

Breather said:
    Crystal Battle 1 is a pretty good song. It's next on the list after Desert Battle 2, Forest Battle 2 and Arctic Battle 1.

EDIT: Do you think the songs are for the smaller biomes or the general planet theme.

5. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

You realize you can click the Reply button and quote people directly right?

6. Kjkillercom

Kjkillercom Pangalactic Porcupine

I do agree that the incomplete album is rather good. I do really like some of the songs and believe fit the assigned environments well. I have not listened to them in a while and I think it's about time I did! Crystal battle 1 is my by far my favorite of the batch...

7. Nymz

Nymz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This + it sends an Alert to the person you're quoting, so they realize you are talking to them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.