1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Multiplayer, would you play it more than single player?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Luke_H, Sep 6, 2012.

?

What will you be playing more?

1. Multiplayer

68 vote(s)
    70.1%
  2. Singleplayer

29 vote(s)
    29.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke_H

Luke_H Big Damn Hero

Hello guys!

Just a quick question out there for you, I was just wondering, what would you be sided to playing more? Single player, or multi-player? (I'll put a poll up)

Also, if you could express your opinion on why you have chosen one over the other! Much appreciated! ;P

2. Belzac

Belzac Subatomic Cosmonaut

Multi-player, with my brother, because we have ton of fun while playing terraria together! We are waiting for the day, when Starbound will be released. So excited!!!

Durza, Spike88 and Luke_H like this.
  3. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

Depends on how easy it is to host/connect to a server.

GalacticRooster and Luke_H like this.
  4. AllenKS

AllenKS Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Multiplayer no doubt. Gonna grab some Vent friends and take over the universe.

Luke_H likes this.
  5. Luke_H

Luke_H Big Damn Hero

Well, my signature is a big giveaway ;P So you're saying, you'd prefer multiplayer if it is easy for you?....*Gets a notepad*

6. IceKing

IceKing Subatomic Cosmonaut

Going to be playing it with my friends definitely more then singleplayer. But having a solo adventure is never to bad.

Luke_H likes this.
  7. Pentarctagon

I mean I'm in college, so I can't do any of that port forwarding/router stuff.

8. Luke_H

Luke_H Big Damn Hero

AH! I understand....so, your option would be to have a hosting company...may I ask what sort of price range you'd look at?

9. Pentarctagon

Not a clue, I've never looked into something like that really.

10. Luke_H

Luke_H Big Damn Hero

Hahaha, well I'll have to soon ;) hopefully I can open this thread nicely and just get some input.

11. Yoda86

Yoda86 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

With these types of games I typically stick to single player with multiplayer only with my friends. I don't have anything against anyone but I find great joy in exploring at my own pace, collecting resources to better my character, and overcoming obstacles even if it would be easier with more people. Helps give me a higher sense of reward for the work I put into the game.

12. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

Of course. Singleplayer is always so boring.

13. Well since I've joined clan and been visiting them often, I think I'll spend more time in multiplayer!

14. Fengrich

Fengrich Big Damn Hero

Single player.

Because, you know. I hate people.

samaran123, FrostyFawx, Sil and 2 others like this.
  15. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

single player, i don't have friends :/

samaran123 likes this.
  16. TheRev

TheRev Industrial Terraformer

Lol I hear ya here, thankfully I have a local friend to play these games with cause there are just too many things that can go wrong with unknown internet peoples lol

That sucks, but thankfully there should be lots of servers out there eventually. Or if it has LAN (I can't remember what they said bout this.. oops :p) there is always Hamatchi.

17. Pentarctagon

I tried that, it keeps telling me I already downloaded too many clients.

18. Jääkäri

Jääkäri Pangalactic Porcupine

I would probably play multiplayer about 40% of the time, so mostly singleplayer.

19. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

single player, i'm in school till ten sometimes and i need something to do in the off-time and let's face it...school wifi isn't the best.

20. iliekmudkips

iliekmudkips Big Damn Hero

Multiplayer for sure. Me and my best friend are going to take over the world, then the universe, And I'm very liable to scream like a girl after getting spooked several times. We might even LP it, who knows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.