Modding Help Starbound mod art

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Xlotl, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Carty1234

Carty1234 Zero Gravity Genie

I can try and help out if you like? What seems to be the issue? From what I read you need to include the player.config file in the root of the mod (providing the folder structure is correct). It should include text like this: http://pastebin.com/YFcZd2gt
    If I have got the issue wrong, then please tell me.
    Thanks

2. Damiano de' Caretti

Damiano de' Caretti Cosmic Narwhal

Actually I got it to go,but I can't craft the object...if you tell me how could I share the files with you,then you should be able to find the problem...

3. Carty1234

If you had dropbox or skydrive, then you could send me the public link and I could take a look for you? If not, then I am not too sure how to send me the files...

EDIT: This is not a promotion! But check this link out (of my mod :p) and check the structure of it and make sure yours is the same. Also, you are putting your files in the mods folder under a subfolder of the mods name eg
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods
    then after extracting the zip to that folder you would have
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\mods\instrumentStation-1.07
    and this folder mirrors the asset folder but only including the files you need.
    You probably know all this as you said you had learnt how to make mods, but just in case you weren't aware.
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/instrument-creation.337/

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  4. Damiano de' Caretti

I now got droptoilet!(wut?)There is just a problem:I can't do shared folders...an easy way would be through electronical mail,but it's not safe...and where is your modification's link supposed to be?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  5. Carty1234

With Dropbox, if you zip the folder of your mod, then put it in the 'Public' folder you are then given an option to "Copy Public link" (it should be like https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/98467064/Starbound/instrumentStation-1.07.zip) and then you paste that here and I will t ke at?ok for you.
    You know how to zip a file, right?

6. Damiano de' Caretti

7. Carty1234

Attached Files:

8. Damiano de' Caretti

Thank you very much indeed!

9. Carty1234

No problem, but just check it works first (it should though! :p). Tell me if there are any issues, I will be pleased to help. :D

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  10. Damiano de' Caretti

Nothing...it won't work...I checked out on the plain crafting and the Tabula Rasa...

11. Carty1234

I found the issue, there was a missing " in the italianflag.object file! Added it back it after the end of the Floran description and now it works :D
    http://pastebin.com/By5nGGZM the change

PS if you were wondering how I found the issue, I checked the starbound.log file and it said there was an issue with that file, then I looked intently through it and found it. Those are the worst to debug, hate missing characters!

Attached Files:

12. Damiano de' Caretti

I got a good view,I pay great attention...and I missed just the " ...I'm such a failure... :rofl:

13. Carty1234

Yeah, they're horrible. But at least we got it working now :D

I can't help but notice that you didn't download the zip... (as long as you fixed the " in the object file, you should be fine)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  14. Carty1234

How's it going? Added more objects to your mod (and remembering those " :p)?

15. Damiano de' Caretti

I'm still doing things...and I got to pay care about the stuff I'm doing...I found myself a second crafting of the Italian tricolor and a third one in the crafting teble tèbol teabowl table(I wrote 5 times table wrong just to fool myself)...I remembered the " " ",it's just that I'm a noob...:rofl:
    I'm not showing the stuff off now because I like to show the "stuff" when it's totally done...:paper::mspaint:
    The fact is that I don't understand what am I supposed to do...I insert the correct paths and change what it is supposed to change:facepalm:,and there are "problems"..."non mi piace"(I don't like it):cool:
    Oh...how do I change my nickname on the forums?I accidentaly left an "E"...

16. Xlotl

Xlotl Void-Bound Voyager

Guys... Although I appreciate the useful modding discussion, I would appreciate if you did derail my thread any further...

17. Carty1234

Well, you're not using it :p But ok, I think Damien understands this anyway now so we can leave it at that. (But hey, your thread has a lot of pages now :D)

18. Damiano de' Caretti

Excuse me...how do I move the files to the root?

19. Xlotl

Xlotl Void-Bound Voyager

...Couldn't you guys just send each other messages or start a new thread? :/

20. Carty1234

Already started a message thing together.