Modding Help Starbound mod art

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Xlotl, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Xlotl

Xlotl Void-Bound Voyager

Highlight/shaded sprites incoming!
    Any further changes just ask and also do you want female sprites as well?
    2013-12-22_00001.jpg 2013-12-22_00002.jpg

2. Hexicube

Hexicube Star Wrangler

Yeah I noticed that, but I want mine to be fairly visible, hence I made my own post. It's no big deal if you can't because I can't get the damn thing to work in this version, but it would be nice nonetheless.

3. Xlotl

Xlotl Void-Bound Voyager

Just quickly put together these for spring boards. not 100% happy with the springs and they arent animated but they are basic sprites you could use for testing!
    springboard Hi-tech.png

springboard rustic.png

4. Hexicube

Hexicube Star Wrangler

Oh I had sprites for testing, I just don't have nice high-quality ones. I retrofitted some sprites from logic 101 and animated it, looks really weird...

I'm gonna try making a nice sprite myself and if it looks good I'll post it in case the other guy wants it.

5. Xlotl

Xlotl Void-Bound Voyager

OK thanks!

6. Hexicube

Hexicube Star Wrangler

bouncepad.png

Bounce pad, apex styled, complete with animated blue light. 8x24 per frame

Eathed likes this.
  7. tifel100

tifel100 Void-Bound Voyager

I'm sorry, But I kind of lost interest in Starbound, hopefully someone else can use these, as I am busy with school projects and christmas stuff. Again, Sorry for taking your time.

8. Carty1234

Carty1234 Zero Gravity Genie

Oh, that's a shame. Xlotl has gone away for Christmas and I have no way of contacting him to tell him of this recent development... When he is finished I am sure he will upload the race to the mods community (someone will want it). To be fair, we don't play too much for the same reasons (exams next summer!) just spend a little time modding and revising.
    Hope you have a good Christmas!

9. Westeller

Westeller Space Penguin Leader

Oh, that's cool. I'd more or less forgotten about the whole springboard thing.
    Since ya took the time to make that image, though, I took the time to make it work.

I'd originally intended to make the springboard a trap, to fling monsters in the opposite direction when they walked over it, but since you called it a bounce pad (totes benevolent name), and made it look like that, I made a few adjustments so that it more or less just.. makes them bounce. Up. They're clever enough to move sideways as they fall so that they get to new places.

I can't think of many particular uses for this, though, except to help your NPCs move around a place you build or to play pranks on monsters and NPCs in general.

Whaddaya think?

Of course, as I mentioned earlier things like this only work for NPCs and Monsters.
    Maybe they'll work for players later, but for now only techs can move players around - objects like this can't.
    When I can make this work for players, I think it'll be a really cool way to get around.

Yours looks more like a trap. I've already done enough testing with other images, so if you make them, y'know, spring, I could still turn them into the trap version of the springboard.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  10. Hexicube

Hexicube Star Wrangler

How did you get it to work? I can't seem to make it work myself...you can't have used a tech as they're player-only...

11. Westeller

Westeller Space Penguin Leader

Here, the full mod. Poke your nose around it

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3xwtl06jphvchen/Bounce+Pad.zip
    Warning: This mod overwrites util.lua and will conflict with any other mods that do.

12. Hexicube

Hexicube Star Wrangler

Ah I see, you used callScript as an option, didn't know that actually existed. Does it also launch players?
    [edit] Realised it can't launch players. Currently trying to find a proper way to modify util.lua

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  13. Xlotl

Xlotl Void-Bound Voyager

Does not mean I will be without access to wifi or editing program! I will just be unable to test sprites as i have no access to my main computer. I can start working on your spring animations soon(tm).

14. Carty1234

But it does mean you will be slower with work... (By the way, I now have a fully working animation on the vehicle station, though I need to change some frames as you can see the loop, and I have a craftable Mech that you can make by crafting the items and then making an object mech which is placeable!). I am now working on the interaction with the object before finally making it moveable (though people in the ##starbound-modding channel tell me this is not possible, but we'll see about that :p). Also, there is a new mech introduced, the Apex Mech, and it looks pretty cool and as soon as you get a chance it will need a core designed for it (but take you time as I need to get the current one working first!).

15. Xlotl

Xlotl Void-Bound Voyager

Done the apex core :p

16. Carty1234

We probably should have put this in the Vehicle Station thread... Meh, it is your art I suppose!

PS:
    L4D2 is free until tomorrow (you should pick it up)

17. Xlotl

Xlotl Void-Bound Voyager

18. Xlotl

Xlotl Void-Bound Voyager

Since no one apears to want these werewolf sprites I will just dump them here in a bit so anyone can use them.

19. Elate

Elate Spaceman Spiff

Hey thanks for linking that. I've been looking for a good pixel specific art program for some time. This seems to do the job nicely.

20. Damiano de' Caretti

Damiano de' Caretti Cosmic Narwhal

Excuse me?I'm trying to do modifications for more ornamental objects,and I learned how to do that,but there's a problem:even with the recipe,the sprites,the object and frames files I can't find it in the game!Please,tell me how to share the files with you!I need someone to check out what's wrong,since I'm a new-by!I'd be grateful!