1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Starbound : Mass Effect Edition v0.3.1a

Mass Effect in Starbound

1. G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R Cosmic Narwhal

I vote yes. Some cool things have been added to the normandy, don't forget to move all you possessions to a safe place before wiping your ship world for the new stuff though.

Celd' The Magi likes this.
  2. Celd' The Magi

Celd' The Magi Pangalactic Porcupine

See that's neat, I'm mainly upset I won't be able to get a legendary "Omni tool" while starting out anymore :(

Thanks for the tip, I wouldn't have thought of that.

3. Agrahim

Agrahim Void-Bound Voyager

So, I am kinda new to modding in this game so I am curious.. since this updated today, do I just delete the mod itself from the mod folder then add the new one or will that mess up my character?

4. Pfhoenix

Pfhoenix Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Your character will be fine. Delete the older version entirely to avoid errors from conflicting files (potentially).

5. star20

star20 Starship Captain

Do we need to update the optional ships too, or are they still okay?

6. TohKlidan

TohKlidan Zero Gravity Genie

I always recommend to update, since our mod is still in an early development stage.

7. TohKlidan

Yes, otherwise the new furniture will not appear in your ship.

8. TohKlidan

It was never our intend to give you access to the Omni-Tool 4 for such cheap costs ;)
    It was just a bug in 0.1.x :ninja:

Celd' The Magi likes this.
  9. TohKlidan

Iridium and Palladium cannot be found.
    Since we won't interfere with the ore distribution that much and make vanilla ores obsolete.
    Also we all agreed that Eezo will be the only new "ore".

Iridium and Palladium can be acquired from (see inside spoiler):
    crafting with the metal workstation

10. Fluffy_Jesus

Fluffy_Jesus Void-Bound Voyager

Well, i have all tech/map upgrades, but i still can't craft those bars.

11. StarWeaver

StarWeaver Pangalactic Porcupine

Hey, looks pretty awesome so far. Could we get a separate download without the music? It looks like the music files are 80-90% of the download size and probably don't change between most versions? Plus I don't really want to use that part of the mod right now because I'd rather not hear it too much till I actually play the games.

Also I think I've spent at least 5 minutes just staring at the spinny power core thing o.o. It looks jiggly in the overall but traces proper ellipses if you focus on one tine ... don't understand ... brain frizzle

Thanks muchly.

12. Celd' The Magi

Celd' The Magi Pangalactic Porcupine

It just made life so much easier. That's all. I hate the Tier system for tools. So very much.

BUT y'all have a great MOD!

13. Pfhoenix

Pfhoenix Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you use a metal crafting station, do the recipes for Iridium and Palladium show up there?

If you're concerned with spoilers, the music won't spoil anything at all for you. I understand wanting a smaller download, though. Thing is, the music really sets the mood for specific situations, and I have future plans to do more with the music, as well. I'll talk to the rest of the team about distributing a "silent" archive file in conjunction with the full mod.

14. Gekker

Gekker Void-Bound Voyager

So I just ended my first few hours of trying out the mod. I already gave you my 5 stars (plus the Prothean Relic Buff Stone replacement suggestion :D)

Now its time for some feedback :)

A lot of stuff seems to be temporary. I understand that. My feedback is meant for the time when you finally consider polishing things :)

Weapon, armor and tool crafting progression needs to get more refined. Keep in mind that damage numbers need to increase a lot more from level 1 to 10. Also adding some Accuracy and Firerate progression into e.g. the Avenger would be neat.
    Additionally consider adding/replacing other ores/bars to the requirements than Steel :) Using Aegisalt, Cerulium, Rubium, Impervium etc for not only weapons but for Armor, Omni Tools and Omni Blades as well would be a good idea.

The normandy ship is looking good so far but could use more detailed textures. Also I find it kinda annoying that all 3 floors are not aligned on the same height.

Additionally I would like to see more Biotics and Biotic Combinations (ME3 style). Maybe add some tech as well like a Combat Drone pet, Tech Armor that increases Armor etc :)
    But yeah, I understand that these kind of things need time.

Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see more!

G4M5T3R and TohKlidan like this.
  15. Team SMEE

Team SMEE Group Account

16. TohKlidan

Also in 0.2.1 we switched pistols and sniper rifles to be semi-automatic, now.

17. TohKlidan

Thanks for your feedback!
    And lets see what we can do about the Prothean Buff Stones... I like the idea. :up:

Gekker likes this.
  18. TohKlidan

We will discuss it if we can do something about the file size.

I know what you mean. Maybe the animation just needs more frames.

19. UltimaNecros

UltimaNecros Void-Bound Voyager

Well i believe eezo is generally brighter than diamonds and if possible it would be cool if it was animated and looked like it was shifting constantly like actual eezo (because it has no neutrons/protons its all electrons which are always moving, in fact if you snap a picture of a single electron circling something it appears in two spots at once within a single frame because of the speed it moves)
    Another idea is you could rotate the model or make it always spawn in like 2x2 grids that appear to be one giant block

G4M5T3R likes this.
  20. Brass_Buckles

Brass_Buckles Void-Bound Voyager

I love Mass Effect, so I pounced on this mod. Looks like you are doing some serious work on it, and I appreciate that.

I do have two suggestions:

First, could you please do something (patch, or change IDs) so that it is compatible with Industrialization? Seems to me that Mass Effect should pair very well with such a tech-oriented mod, as well as, for instance, Boozecraft. I think it's a shame I have to pick between the two. If you can't or don't want to make it work, it's not a big deal, but I think Industrialization is one of the more popular Starbound mods out there. I won't be the only person to thank you.

Second, I noticed that the asari and turian races are basically just re-skinned humans. Even the names remain human. I know it's a tremendous amount of work to sprite things (I'd offer to help, but I'm absolutely no good at making sprites), but is there any way that you could make the bodies match the races a bit more? It's a little jarring to see turians with human bodies. Or asari with male bodies (although that's more likely than a human-shaped turian). The heads seem fine, though I'd like to see more greyish turians.

Again, great start on the mod. I absolutely loved the Normandy you made. I'm holding off on reviews until I've had more time to play it.

G4M5T3R likes this.