1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Starbound : Mass Effect Edition v0.3.1a

Mass Effect in Starbound

1. rabidchaos

rabidchaos Yeah, You!

No other mods. Game was completely vanilla. Going to try the other interface mod, but that's just because, if it works, it'll be quick, not because I expect it to work.
    Pastebin of default.treasurepools : http://pastebin.com/ZtZrEciN

EDIT: Other interface mod gets the same error on startup.
    EDIT EDIT: Mods installed: SMEE and either Kawa's Xbawks Mode Character Creator or Simple Extended Character Creation Mod. Same bug occurs no matter which character interface mod is installed.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  2. Pfhoenix

Pfhoenix Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can you list all the mods you have installed?

3. raze4573

raze4573 Big Damn Hero

Installed this mod as I love the ME series and Starbound got me hitched to exploring an endless universe.
    Made a turian, walked around the Normandy all giddy and fanboying aaaaand the map doesnt shop.
    When I press 'E' at the CIC or Jokers chair it just...well nothing happens or the map blinks up for a milisecond before disappearing, making any sort of travel impossible.
    No idea if this is caused by mod conflict or glitch with the SMEE mod so I'm listing my current mods.
    Colorbound, Variety is the space of the universe, Avali race, Firefly Ship + Content, Bulldozer, Minidozer, Hoverbikes, Lightdrones, Knight Artorias Gear, Radium Expansion, TSTech.
    Will remove all mods except SMEE and see if that works.

EDIT

Interesting, kept SMEE in mods folder while I installed one mod after another, after every mod starting the game and checking starmap. That helped and now the map opens without a problem. Hope this little bit of info may be handy.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  4. TohKlidan

TohKlidan Zero Gravity Genie

Thanks for the infos raze4573!

I am not sure where the problem is hidden, you said even the Jokers chair didn't work before you reinstalled the other mods.
    And Jokers chair is just a vanilla pilot chair with a custom graphic.

But its noted in our "mysteries of starbound modding" list ;)

5. SkyroBlade

SkyroBlade Tentacle Wrangler

Just want to say, the 4th omni -tool is the most pleasant surprise in this mod. Being able to dig a 4x4 square as fast or faster than a diamond drill makes spelunking so much easier and I can dig straight sideways without moving the mouse all over the place and making accidental divots. The only problem is I don't want to go back now, but I still want to play multiplayer. Ah well, there are worse issues to have with a mod, good job.

6. Pfhoenix

Guys, don't forget to write a review if you like the mod!

rabidchaos : as I've never seen that error before with SMEE, can you try deleting SMEE, redownloading it, and reinstalling it? Try running *only* SMEE and the custom character selection mod of your choice.

7. Deathscreton

Deathscreton Big Damn Hero

Seems for some reason that I cannot download the file. Clicking the link just makes the page load endlessly. Been almost thirty minutes. Any ideas?

8. G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R Cosmic Narwhal

Hmm that's odd, starts immediately for me. I have no idea why the link wouldn't be working.
    Try refreshing your browser maybe.

9. Pfhoenix

The download starts immediately for me as well.

10. TohKlidan

Download works on my side,too.

11. Hyomoto

Hyomoto Void-Bound Voyager

Wow! What a unique and creative idea! I'd actually give you more flak for being so absolutely uninspired and boring, except this is probably the logical path for a series that gave up on its initial design of being a choice and consequence based story in favor of shooting at things. You've basically stripped the last of what made Mass Effect unique out and we're probably getting a glimpse of what the next title is going to look like, but in 2D! With this kind of lack of ingenuity and interest, you could probably work for BioWare.

12. G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R Cosmic Narwhal

Wow! Thank you! I've always aspired to work as little as I can with the least amount of effort, while at the same time, using nothing but resources available on the internet. Maybe we should apply, no?
    What do you guys think, Tohklidan, Pfhoenix? Should we all fill out applications?

*Seriously... dude we just do this for fun in our free time. Being ME fans we happen to think Starbound is a fitting platform for a fanboy mod. You don't like it, don't use the mod.

AquartistJames, QShadow and joeck80 like this.
  13. TohKlidan

How do you install your mods? by hand or with a mod manager?
    If you use a mod manger (there are a lot foating around) can you send us a link so we can test it?

14. Kharn

Kharn Master Chief

So is there some new stuff in the works that is going to be released soon.....also any plans on Cerberus and Collectors being added as a playable race in the future? I need to play as the baddies !

G4M5T3R and TohKlidan like this.
  15. Team SMEE

Team SMEE Group Account

Team SMEE updated Starbound : Mass Effect Edition with a new update entry:

v0.2.0 | Furious Koala

Read the rest of this update entry...

16. TohKlidan

Cerberus and Collectors I like the idea.

17. G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R Cosmic Narwhal

Without promising too much, I will say that I plan on doing some Cerberus equipment and we've discussed Collectors as enemy types, but we could try and make them playable as well.

Kharn likes this.
  18. UltimaNecros

UltimaNecros Void-Bound Voyager

Is it me or is it hard to distinguish from diamond and eezo ore?

19. G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R Cosmic Narwhal

I tried to make it stand out a little more from diamond, and to my eyes it seemed ok in comparison, but colors are not always perceived the same from person to person.
    Do you have any suggestions as to what I could do to help make it more distinguishable? Brighter/Darker, different outlines?

20. Celd' The Magi

Celd' The Magi Pangalactic Porcupine

Hmmmm. Should I update.