1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Starbound : Mass Effect Edition v0.3.1a

Mass Effect in Starbound

1. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Phantasmal Quasar

i hope you add the protheans as a playable race ....... i feel you'll get me hooked if you put in protheans

2. Pfhoenix

Pfhoenix Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Rodurn : with a clean universe and new player, I was able to start a server and join it and play on it without crashes or erroneous log entries. I recommend you clear out your universe folder and start a new character.

Rodurn likes this.
  3. DHzFury

DHzFury Space Hobo

Is there a possibility to add the Quarians? They are by fay my most favorite race! I have modded armor for Skyrim for f*cks sake! Help us out!

RainBatRi likes this.
  4. Rodurn

Rodurn Space Hobo

Good morning,

I will check as soon as I am home. I will report if it works or not.

Thank you for help thus far.

5. Rodurn

Rodurn Space Hobo

I followed your advices and cleared the universe and player folder and it works.

Thank you both for your time and help to solve this problem. :)

TohKlidan likes this.
  6. Pfhoenix

If you haven't yet, thank us with a positive review. =)

7. ppsychosis

ppsychosis Master Chief

Haven't found a toilet yet to test out again.... it's coming. Did find another little snag. When using the galaxy map (hehe, love saying that in starbound) if I exit the map by pressing 'E' and start to walk right, I fall into a part of the hull and get stuck. Easily remedied by opening the map again and going left or even jumping, but I think the map is a little to close to that raised floor piece to the left.

I do love that it moves you to controls side automatically. Didn't notice that until now.

8. TohKlidan

TohKlidan Zero Gravity Genie

The "toilet bug" isn't fixed yet. I have to change the hull collision.
    Same is with the Galaxy Map which was also reported by yurid. But Thanks again!

9. OpticalJesu5

OpticalJesu5 Space Spelunker

So is their any chance of doing a boss replace in the future of this mod, for instance changing something like the bone dragon into a reaper or some such. Just some food for thought, this mod is really cool and well designed.

10. Adalaar

Adalaar Intergalactic Tourist

11. Pfhoenix

12. Wark

Wark Space Spelunker

I'm a complete and utter noob at servers, and though I was fortunate enough to figure out how to make a vanilla server, does this mod work in multiplayer? My friend and I have been trying a while to get it to work and if so would like to know how :)

Thank you for the mod by the way, we both think it's absolutely amazing!
    (Quarians ftw!)

13. G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R Cosmic Narwhal

Try this, Pfhoenix and Tohklidan were able to help another resolve this issue on pages 3-4

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  14. Wark

Wark Space Spelunker

Didn't work. He's continuing to get the error message JOIN FAILED! ERROR CONNECTING TO "IP ADDRESS" PORT 21025. I am positive my ports are forwarded and open, as well. Any help would be appreciated! :confused:

15. Pfhoenix

That error is specifically a networking error. The only thing I can recommend is that you be *very* sure you double-check your port-forwarding and that you are providing your WAN IP for people outside your network and a LAN IP for those inside your network.

16. Wark

Wark Space Spelunker

Alright. I'll check everything I know to make sure. Thanks for the help.

17. Gioven

Gioven Aquatic Astronaut

hiya~ working great on my end here. curious question, is it possible to use the normandy for modded races yet? i'm using the bunnykin race mod for example, i'd very much like to be able to use the normandy as my main ship

18. Pfhoenix

You can, if you're willing to modify the modded race's config file to use the Normandy ship. Each race defines its starting ship, something I hope the Starbound developers modify in the future to allow players to select the starting ship they want.

19. Gioven

Gioven Aquatic Astronaut

ah okay. yeah i havent the slightest idea on how to do that. are there any guides of sort out there?

20. Pfhoenix

I don't know off the top of my head. TohKlidan knows more about that than I do (though if he hasn't responded by the time I get home from work, I can look into it really quickly).