1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Starbound : Mass Effect Edition v0.3.1a

Mass Effect in Starbound

1. AppleBurner

AppleBurner Orbital Explorer

No, I avoid them for that very reason,

2. Pfhoenix

Pfhoenix Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Unfortunately, I haven't seen that problem with my own characters, nor have I heard of other people reporting similar problems.

3. AppleBurner

AppleBurner Orbital Explorer

Okay thanks anyway. I guess I can't do anything about it. It's a shame to lose everything I had. :\

4. Pfhoenix

Yeah, that sucks. Starbound is still in early access, and it's not fair to call it beta yet.

5. haynesy566

haynesy566 Heliosphere

This mod neeeeeedddsss MOAR QUESTS

glu6glu6 likes this.
  6. Pfhoenix

Are you volunteering to write some quests for SMEE?

glu6glu6 likes this.
  7. haynesy566

haynesy566 Heliosphere

not exactly.... I'm still new to modding

8. Rayquaza117

Rayquaza117 Big Damn Hero

question. if i wanted to have a custom character other than the races already set for the mass effect mod and such. how would i put all the ship files and stuff onto the custom characters data and such. id wanna start a new character and be able to use the normandy for a different race.

9. Pfhoenix

You'll want to modify the custom race mod's player.config.patch file to change the shipworld reference to the Normandy.

10. Rayquaza117

Rayquaza117 Big Damn Hero

How do i do that? like take the ship file out of the custom character and then copy the normandy stuff over?

11. Pfhoenix

No, it's much simpler than that. I'll post directions on the mod page today.

glu6glu6 likes this.
  12. Pfhoenix

Ok, so what you want to look for is the universe_server.config.patch file for your custom character mod. In it, if it has a custom ship, you'll see something along the lines of :

Code:
    { "op" : "add",
        "path" : "/speciesShips/<name of custom species>",
        "value" : [
                    "/ships/smee/normandysr1_t0.structure",
                    "/ships/smee/normandysr1_t1.structure",
                    "/ships/smee/normandysr1_t2.structure",
                    "/ships/smee/normandysr1_t3.structure",
                    "/ships/smee/normandysr1_t4.structure",
                    "/ships/smee/normandysr1_t5.structure",
                    "/ships/smee/normandysr1_t6.structure",
                    "/ships/smee/normandysr1_t7.structure",
                    "/ships/smee/normandysr1_t8.structure"
                  ]
      }
    If you don't, then add the above to the file (modifying as necessary). If you do, you can either comment the old structure lines or just replace them with the lines I pasted above. You'll need to start a new character in order to see the changes, and be mindful of commas (standard JSON parsing issues).

13. Donavan15

Donavan15 Space Hobo

i dont get the normady at the beginning or any weapons and i dont get the turian race.

14. Pfhoenix

Are you starting a new character with one of the SMEE races? If you don't have a mod for extending the character selection screen for custom races, you'll need one of those, too.

SleepySquidd likes this.
  15. Donavan15

Donavan15 Space Hobo

Just thought of that

16. MevonGaming

MevonGaming Void-Bound Voyager

How does one go about acquiring the codexes'? No matter what I do I cant complete the two missions where you need to get the codexes', so I was hoping for some help on this matter, Thank you.

17. Pfhoenix

That might have gotten lost in the update to the new version of Starbound. Not sure when we'll be updating, and sadly codexes won't be high on the priority list.

18. MevonGaming

MevonGaming Void-Bound Voyager

That's unfortunate but i can see you are tasked with higher priority items so it is understandable that this may take a while, thank you for taking the time to respond. Best of wishes to the people developing my favorite mod. :)

19. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

There's a mass effect mod set for garrysmod you should look at, it adds tons of the games furniture and even makes their bunker like colonies possible. If you need someone to help sprite the stuff I'd be willing to install what I would need to make this possible, then you could add whole advanced decor sets. While the avali SORT of have a similar style the N7 props in game would be a lot of fun.

20. Pfhoenix

Batteh : whatever quality sprites you create for the mod, I'll gladly include in the next update and give you appropriate credit.