1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Starbound : Mass Effect Edition v0.3.1a

Mass Effect in Starbound

1. Team SMEE

Team SMEE Group Account

Team SMEE submitted a new mod:

Starbound : Mass Effect Edition - Mass Effect in Starbound

Read more about this mod...

jehg1997, knifeofpetal and Knoremac like this.
  2. kitsunespirit

kitsunespirit Cosmic Narwhal

So... this is just a placeholder then.

3. LowestFormOfWit

LowestFormOfWit Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm not a fan of placing essentially just a mod announcement and a banner into the mod repository, and there may in fact be a rule against it.

We have a modding section of the forum for mods that are still works in progress and not yet ready for release. I feel this would be better suited there.

4. sSRayGunSs

sSRayGunSs Void-Bound Voyager

Lets hope this mod goes up in the popular section because i wanna see more :DD

5. sρooκs

sρooκs Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Mind making a Vanilla friendly version? Anything other than the custom ship and sounds narrows your users to SP and Modded server only.

6. TohKlidan

TohKlidan Zero Gravity Genie

My apologies if your are disappointed right now.
    I fact we put this page up that we can put all infos, pictures etc. here together as a team.

Our release is planned right now for January 18th.
    So I hope you can wait that few days and enjoy the mod then.

If you want to get a first peek on the Normandy you can download this version here:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/n7.589/

7. Pfhoenix

Pfhoenix Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Our intent with SMEE is for it to be as friendly as possible for people that only want to use the parts they want to use. Some people may want the entire experience. Some may want only the guns. That being said, it doesn't make sense to produce three or four different distribution files based on what parts people want.

8. sρooκs

sρooκs Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Who asked for 3 or four? You would need 2; One for single player or modded servers and a second for vanilla servers. Restricting your mod's user base doesn't make sense.

9. TohKlidan

TohKlidan Zero Gravity Genie

The inital version will be released in 2 packages:
    The "Core" package which contains all custom stuff we have added so far.
    The "Optional" package which contains till now mod "patches" for the original species, so you can fly the Normandy as Apex for example.
    But till now you will need to install the core package to use the optional ones, since the normandy contains a lot custom stuff.

It has nothing to do with restrictions, but for releasing a vanilla friendly version, I think we will need to remove some of the content.
    Since Starbound itself is still in beta and undergoes major changes with each patch, we have maybe new possibilities to achieve this in the future, without removing anything.

If you are so concerned about vanilla compatibility you can help us by triyng this mod on vanilla servers, and post here your experience here.

10. Team SMEE

Team SMEE Group Account

11. Akari_Enderwolf

Akari_Enderwolf Pangalactic Porcupine

I noticed there weren't any pics of the Asari or the Turian race. What drew me in(aside from Mass Effect itself) was seeing Turian listed, I'm just a bit disappointed about not seeing any preview pics of them. I would get the mod now but with the character wipe being soon I want to wait till after the wipe to get any new mods for the game.

12. G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R Cosmic Narwhal

I took a screenshot of each playable race so far. It was probably just left out by accident or unnoticed. I will put it up.

13. Thomas25181

Thomas25181 Void-Bound Voyager

I got the mod I have The guns omitools and omniblades but i dont have the races or the ship and the lift tech doesnt work......

14. Thomas25181

Any one know why or how to fix it?

15. G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R Cosmic Narwhal

Do you have and interface mod for the custom races? You need one, preferably one of the two listed on the main page. You can also install the optional package to get the Normandy for the default races. As for the tech, that's more up Pfhoenix's alley. How close to the enemy are you when you push F?

samsong111 likes this.
  16. Thomas25181

o not the interface i'll get one and not that far from the enemy i guess like 10 to 6 blocks away maybe more

17. Pfhoenix

The Lift power requires Line of Sight to the enemy. It also has an energy cost. Be sure you have enough energy, and that you have a line of sight to the enemy.

18. DarthNihilus

DarthNihilus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The "blueprint" word on biotic techs should be on new line cause it goes out of the window

19. Pfhoenix

Unfortunately, that's a consequence of how the game currently renders tech descriptions in the crafting windows. Hopefully, that'll be fixed in the upcoming patch.

20. Emklotz

Emklotz Astral Cartographer

Is there any Impervium Armor?
    The N7 Armor is Rubium, but I can't find an Impervium Armor after that one