1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Starbound lags too much to play.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by KitsonFoxfire, Oct 23, 2017.

1. KitsonFoxfire

KitsonFoxfire Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So I got a new more powerful laptop that ended up killing itself when win10 updated. So I fall back on my current old laptop and to my horror I cannot play starbound anymore. I can get to choosing a character just fine but on the ship and planet it lags beyond play-ability. Animation is choppy control response is slow...the settings menu works fine. But game play is bleh.

Specs
    Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    Celeron(R) Dual-Core CPU T3500 @ 2.10GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.1GHz
    Memory: 2048MB RAM
    Steam overlay disabled. No mods. If someone can point me out in the right direction if a simular post has been made/resolved it would be helpful.
    Again the game used to run fine in the past however it doesn't on ship or planet. Haven't tested anything else because I can barely do anything.

2. blood moon racoon

blood moon racoon Space Hobo

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.i have a tip, as far as I know, check to see if ur computer settings have triple buffering on, try going to an intel website to figure out how to edit the following: vsync needs to be off, triple buffering needs to be on, and also make sure your computer's graphics card settings say that it at least runs on a quality level, sometimes the graphic card will be set so that u are able to play 3D games with no lag, but not 2D. while this at least makes starbound playable, im still finding out how to get rid of lag completely.