1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Starbound Keeps Crashing

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by ForumZap, May 15, 2017.

1. ForumZap

ForumZap Astral Cartographer

Randomly the screen turns white and the game crashes - I can't play anymore. This issue has only recently occurred, and I have no idea what could be causing it. I have to end Starbound via Task Manager.
    Specs:

Graphics Card:
    AMD Radeon R9 370

Processor:
    Intel(R) Core i7-5820 CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30GHz

Installed RAM:
    8.00 GB (7.89 GB usable)

OS Build:

Version:

Not sure what info is useful, so I'm just throwing in random things :nurusad:

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach your starbound.log located in your storage folder of your starbound install. The file may appear as starbound only.

~ Iris ~

3. ForumZap

4. Iris Blanche

The file is named starbound.log not starbound.log.5 and the log can appear as only starbound without .log

The log you provided doesn't have any crash noted.

~ Iris ~

5. ForumZap

The correct log (I hope). Sorry for making this complicated :facepalm:.

Attached Files:

6. Iris Blanche

According to the log your starbound is freezing when unloading data. In this case it was the glitch mission. What software runs beside starbound?

~ Iris ~

7. ForumZap

Well, Steam, Skype, Discord and Google Chrome. Occasionally I have some games running in the background (I think this is the issue, as it has been working fine for a while now without these).

8. Iris Blanche

Even if other games run in the background they still need the cpu, ram and occasionally also the gpu depending on how the game is handled in the background.
    However starbound may be "only" a 2D-Game but it is still demanding especially on the cpu and during missions also ram.

The issue you're experience is most likely caused by exceeding the limits of your machine by having to much unnecessary software open (other games).

~ Iris ~

ForumZap likes this.