1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue starbound keeps crashing and i hate it

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by luisemontemayor, Sep 9, 2018.

Tags:
  1. luisemontemayor

luisemontemayor Void-Bound Voyager

im trying every thing but nothing seems to work star bound is crashing and im starting to get annoyed i tried ever thing but it just dosing work its like a second it works and then just crashes when i click on it i dont know what this is no online methods work tired the turning of the antivirus. i have been searching for hours on methods but so far no progress all it dose is just show me the logo and then thats it

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
  2. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

this log seems to be a successful launch. are you sure this log is from the crash?

Iris Blanche likes this.
  3. luisemontemayor

i dont know ever file is the same and working but it stills crashs i cant seem to fix it and im getting frustrated that i cant play this game ever steam game is fine expect for this one

4. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

if you are seeing multiple files that are named starbound.log, none of them are actually starbound.log. the actual starbound.log in this case would simply say starbound

5. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please avoid one-word posts and also avoid doubleposting or even tripleposting. I merged your posts.
    As for the log it indicates a normal start but not having quitted the game. Since you say it crashes it seems to be sth else in this case which affects starbound.

Which windows are you using?
    What are your overall specs?
    Which antivirus software are you using?
    Have you tried running starbound as admin?
    Do you get an error message when launching the 32-bit variant?

6. luisemontemayor

i kinda gave up now see yea

7. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

If discord is running disable the discord overlay. Another user had a similar (maybe even the same) issue.