Dev Blog Starbound is Leaving Orbit on 22 July!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jul 8, 2016.

1. chusmimax

chusmimax Poptop Tamer

They have answered the novakid story thing on the stream. Because of lore, it is really scarse, but they plan on maybe implement thing nova related, alltough not much. Anyway, this will be later on, and not on release

Jimlad 42 and Combozone like this.
  2. JayZulko

JayZulko Void-Bound Voyager

Less "waiting" and more "repeatedly dipping in and creating multiple characters" for me.

3. chusmimax

chusmimax Poptop Tamer

You are right here, don't let anyone say otherwise. But i still find the new one better.

4. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Question:

What if they made the current hotbar 12 button pairs that function exactly like the 6 pairs do now?

Would you like it better/less?

What if the 2nd hotbar swap had ANOTHER 12 buttons?

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  5. chusmimax

chusmimax Poptop Tamer

that could be a really good idea, shift+number or ctr+number for extra combinations with still the both-handed solution and all. That's an idea woth of attention

6. Rendmaru

Rendmaru Poptop Tamer

My Body.....it is ready....

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  7. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Ideas that were suggested......but no response from the devs one way or the other about Anything, not on either of the threads, not during the Q&A (50+ questions asked, all ignored!!).

But whatever.

It's either they improve it or I probably won't be playing. It's pretty sad. But yeah, this new one... I might lightly tinker with the game but probably not much more than that.

EDIT: What if we could assign 7 through = to the 2nd hotbar even though it is invisible? I would even accept that even though I'd be choosing hotbar buttons blindly.

8. chusmimax

chusmimax Poptop Tamer

That's in fact sad, i hope they answer your prays sooner or later

9. RebornGeek

RebornGeek Void-Bound Voyager

I'm so excited for this release! I haven't had much in the way of motivation to build mods or play until 1.0 released and I could start completely fresh. So I am very excited to see all of the changes/updates to the game.

10. Carter X

Carter X Void-Bound Voyager

So, how's the ship to ship combat system?

11. Pohany

Pohany Parsec Taste Tester

[​IMG]
    Soon! Still waiting!
    Thank ye CHUCKLEFISH!

Jimlad 42, Ralek, Combozone and 4 others like this.
  12. NovaRanger

NovaRanger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looks like the fans of Starbound just made the jump to hype-erspace.

13. ChalkyFloran

ChalkyFloran Master Chief

I'm so excited! I've been waiting for this for so long. I'm assuming I'l lose my progress again, but at least we get a final leap into full release!

14. emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

Now we just need to make the jump to ludicrous speed

15. Chloron

Chloron Subatomic Cosmonaut

orange.gif
    my friend doesn't check out the dev blogs, but when i told him to read this, he spams in our chat out of excitement. Yay? P.S We would totally use the steam friends multiplayer connection! One of the best features!

16. tyja0000

tyja0000 Void-Bound Voyager

yes yes yes BlueRocket will live again so happy so hype

17. Grave Knight

Grave Knight Subatomic Cosmonaut

:nuruhype: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAA--*huff, huff, huff*--AAAAAAAAAAAA...
    Okay, I'm done.

18. XoGamer

XoGamer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This brings a small tear to my eye, but I mustn't. I must stay strong until its all over.

Lmao, just kidding, I've been with this game since Koala (Enraged probably) and its been an emotional ride, the annoying monsters, the annoying quests that required you to get all kinds of things, the bosses, the elements, but that's what makes starbound great. Having to work for resources, having to gain the trust of people in the outpost, it makes it feel realistic even if its a sci-fi game.
    And all those people who are having issues with the hotbar, you can just swap it out for a modded one - I'm pretty sure someone would made one.

Here we go, to 1.0 and beyond.

19. Tchud1

Tchud1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

OOOOKKaaayyyy..... time to get those projects going!!! Yay!!

Jimlad 42, Combozone and InstinctX8 like this.
  20. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Giraffe build backed up in separate folder. I'm ready.

I AM wondering tho about our universes. Yes, characters will go bye-bye, but frankly I'm okay with that. But the question of if the universes will similarly get a reboot is something I'd like to know beforehand. I kiiiiiiiinda wouldn't mind keeping my Homeworld... if only so I can tear my base down and move it to a more modern-gen planet.

Jimlad 42, Combozone and InstinctX8 like this.