Dev Blog Starbound is Leaving Orbit on 22 July!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jul 8, 2016.

1. MegABiloU

MegABiloU Void-Bound Voyager

Hi everyone,

Quick question.

With the release of 1.0 today, we are planning to host a dedicated server.
    But the steam account of the server does not have Starbound.

Does it have to own the game to launch dedicated server or is it possible that 1.0 permit hosting a server on an account without?

Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.

Jimlad 42 and Combozone like this.
  2. StarWalker

StarWalker Void-Bound Voyager

I'm terrified that I'm going to be disappointed with the final product. Playing the unstable edition recently, I felt like their was less weapons and I hope that isn't the case.

3. Just log into your steam account that does have starbound and download it. Or use the steam cmd and just download the server part.

4. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

How do you mean by that? There's a lot of weapons in the game! They've also gone through and made a lot of the unique ones genuinely unique from normal weapons, and added a whole slew of unique weapons.

5. volrath17

volrath17 Seal Broken

Please, localized this game in other languages

DeadZX, Jimlad 42 and Combozone like this.
  6. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Not bad, keeping this page open!
    Thanks for that, it's so much easier to like a full page if it's been liked before. (Each loop got 5 pages.)
    I'm wondering about stable, I have a server up there and I want to know if I can keep him...
    *Starts humming Rules of Nature*
    What? NO! Mod it until it's got three times as much content, and crashes half as often. (Yes, I am magic.)
    HOLY WALL OF TEXT BATMAN!
    Look, too busy to read, I got a lot of posts to like still. All I can say is the meaning of life is 42, as that just popped out at me.
    HOLY WALL OF TEXT ROBIN!
    The sun isn't evil, it's just misunderstood...
    You called?

I have two questions, how is this song not posted?

And how is this image, nor any images from RWBY, posted?
    [​IMG]
    What are you doing RWBY fans?!
    (That includes you, Cojette. I saw that avatar!)

7. TmanDaCool1

TmanDaCool1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Considering that Starbound Nightly lagged so much that I couldn't even load one of the story missions, I'm not looking forward to this... Oh well. Starbound, it was fun while you were still playable.
    (While loading the hylotl library mission, Windows came up with a warning about running out of memory and I never got to the mission)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    Jimlad 42 likes this.
  8. That sounds like a personal computer problem, not starbounds. I mean what kind of memory does your system have? Do you have windows 10? If you have windows 10, do you understand that if you left windows 10 on stock, it literally eats up 60 percent of your memory if you just have 4 gbs. With its automatic updates, its windows defender, its corina thing, it also leaves your computer connected to the update server and uploads to other users p2p style, it also uses a thing called super fetch that ties up memory. There is also a problem with the latest amd driver and some laptops, which uses up all your memory, there are a billion different things, but Starbound seems to run fine for me.
    --- Post updated ---
    Not to mention the fact that you can add as many weapons as you want with mods.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  9. TmanDaCool1

TmanDaCool1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It is, I've only got like 4GB RAM

They could still add an option to... oh wait, too late now

Guess I've gotta upgrade my RAM.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  10. You shouldn't need more then 4 gbs. If you shut off all of windows garbage. I just bought this Lenvo i3 6th gen 4gbs of ram, and when i loaded it up it literally used 60% of my memory doing nothing. When I spent 2 hours shutting off all windows garbage, it only used 15 percent. Also with 4gbs, you are limited to only running one game at a time, so try not having anything up. Another thing you can do is change your page file from stock, to like 20gbs, that helps some times too.

If it is windows 10, and you need help shutting off p2p, update, defender, and cornia, that stupid search thing, which eats up like 400+ mbs of ram, let me know in a private message, I will help you. It is pretty complex to shut off cornia, it requires you to change permissions, and rename the file.

Jimlad 42 and 5307 like this.
  11. 5307

5307 Void-Bound Voyager

i like trains

DeadZX and Jimlad 42 like this.
  12. StarWalker

I've been playing the unstable and the end tier weapons seems to be just one set of weapons and gear. Like I even turrned on admin mode to see if I'm doing something wrrong but I only saw one staff and one rod. Am I just missing something or is there content even hidden from admin mode?

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  13. Siveria

Siveria Big Damn Hero

I just hope it has more gear/content cuz the stable before this, in a day or so i'd have all the top tier gear and little reason to bother anymore.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  14. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Legendary post as usual, Jim!
    --- Post updated ---
    Legendary post as usual, Jim!

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  15. Jareix Cryvix

For the end set, you only have access to class equipment depending on which table you are using. Plus, most unique endgame weapons can only be either found or acquired by quests. If you look in the assets, you'll find all of the weapons available.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  16. StarWalker

How do I look in the assests?

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  17. Musaab

Musaab Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What's the point of the crafting times? Is it for multiplayer?

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  18. Jareix Cryvix

Look up how to unpack them. It'll be

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  19. Sa1men

Sa1men Space Hobo

Hello,
    I'm interested in a couple of questions: Will the localization of the Russian language, and in how many hours will release the game?

Thanks.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  20. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

Pretty sure devs said that localization will happen post 1.0 because there's literally novels of text in the game

Jimlad 42 likes this.