1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Starbound Immediately crashes on Windows

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Sunshine7777, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Sunshine7777

Sunshine7777 Space Hobo

Today I came into A problem when trying to boot up starbound, It instantly crashed.

I had just Installed the game on a new computer and a friend got me to subscribe to a bunch of workshop items including frackins universe(the final list had over 100 items), my friend had already successfully been able to run this list on his computer (we both use gaming setups so I do not think this is a hardware issue), but when I tried to boot it up it didn't work. The game loaded for a while before crashing, I tried this two more times before unsubscribing to frackins universe and trying again. This didn't work either and upon checking the files I realised that both the galaxy and player folders were missing, the reason we went into the files was to originally delete the galaxy folder as we had heard it could cause issues with some of the mods we were adding.

After this we tried booting up the game several times, but after the frackins universe was gotten rid of the first time it crashed sooner with the game not even showing the chucklefish logo before carshing, I proceeded to get rid of all the workshop items but this didn't help, I also tried uninstalling and re-installing the game before booting it up while vanilla but this didn't work either, I went so far as to delete all the filed from my steam folder before reinstalling but this didn't help either.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? I saw a bunch of stuff on mac crashes but as both me and my friend use windows I am not sure they apply... Any advice would be great :)

More information
    The Mod list in question is a beautiful regret that comes with frackins by ironic toblerone
    Both me and my friend use windows 10
    this was the first time I installed starbound on this computer

TLDR: I installed a bunch of workshop stuff before booting starbound for the first time, now it crashes even without them.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please provide your starbound.log located in the storage folder of your starbound install. Without the log it's impossible to tell whats causing issues here.