Starbound for Xbox One Preview Program

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Nos37, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Nos37

Nos37 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm curious if the estimated date for this is still slated for this winter. Are you guys closer to a more specific date, like winter this year (Dec 2105), winter next year (Jan-Feb 2016), or next spring?

I'm also curious about how you'll handle cursor movement using the controller's joysticks. I found Terraria's approach a struggle to adapt to.

ValeYard13 and ActualDudeMan like this.
  2. ActualDudeMan

ActualDudeMan Orbital Explorer

I was wondering this as well. Is StarBound still slated for a winter release on XGP?

ValeYard13 likes this.
  3. ValeYard13

ValeYard13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm totally excited for this game coming to consoles, be it Xbox or PS4, as my Mac just ain't too great for gaming. I hope we hear something soon, but I'm starting to doubt we'll see the console version this year :( The devs are super busy though, so I appreciate that they can only do so much and canne change the laws o' physics.

Oh dear, the lack of a bump on this thread indicates the likelihood of waiting until next year for Starbound goodness on Xbox. Still gonna make a wish to Santa though ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2015
  4. Nos37

Nos37 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Here's what I've seen/read so far:

[​IMG] *

• "Sony used GamesCom 2013 to unveil one exclusive after another. One of the console exclusives they've obtained is Chuckle Fish's highly anticipated Starbound." - CinemaBlend 2 years ago
    • "We’re super excited to announce that Xbox One owners will be able to play Starbound on console via Xbox One Game Preview ... This won’t distract us from Starbound’s continued development for PC, of course, as we’ll have an additional team working on the console version of the game ... Once we reach Starbound 1.0, we’ll start working our way towards porting the game to additional consoles." - *August 4, 2015 in News, Featured
    • "We’ve got a new programmer onboard – say hello to Ian! He’s working on preparing Starbound for Xbox One Game Preview." - November 12, 2015 in Featured, Dev Blog
    • "In August, we announced that Starbound would be coming to Xbox One Game Preview and released a massive colony update!" - December 18, 2015 in Featured, Dev Blog

5. ValeYard13

Thanks for the summary!

I guess winter actually ends in February. I think I just got 2015 into my head, but maybe we'll see Starbound on consoles before or around March, would be awesome.

Really, I'd rather get it on ps4 with a version on vita, but I'll buy it day one in the preview program anyway.

I hope we hear something soon, although I know Chucklefish won't give us much of a heads up. Like you, Nos37, I'm curious about the controls, although I got super used to Terraria on console.

Maybe I'll throw my Mac version on over the holidays anyway, we'll see.

6. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Considering that they (for a time) planned to release starbound "this year" (and that wont happen) i woulden't put that much faith into chucklefish'es ETA's. They have a track record of not being able to meet them. But on the other hand thats why they are called ETA's (Estimated time of arrival), instead of just TA (time of arrival).

7. ValeYard13

Yeah, it just would be great to see the game come to console sooner rather than later. When No Man's Sky comes out, I may have no time for anything else ;)

8. Goatwarrior

Goatwarrior Void-Bound Voyager

Well, it's spring.

No pressure, though:)

9. ChristopherBlue

ChristopherBlue Void-Bound Voyager

It's 2017. Is Starbound out on Xbox One yet? 0.o