1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound for iOS

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Arcadoof, Oct 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

This won't work... it won't work for years, mobile devices are too weak and puny to handle such a user-defined game.

MilkCalf likes this.
  2. Arcadoof

Arcadoof Star Wrangler

Maybe I could just suck it up and stick to the pc version...

3. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

do you want a mobile port or do you just want to know if it runs on a Pi? Or are you just trying to be overly interesting still?
    Answers:
    A mobile port was discussed but is up to Chucklefish to develop.
    Of course it bloody well won't run on a Raspberry Pi, It's a lightweight minicomputer with a middle class CPU, a little bit of ram and almost no GPU.
    And stop trying to be overly interesting still.

MilkCalf likes this.
  4. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

That's the obvious choice.

5. Arcadoof

Arcadoof Star Wrangler

I'm not asking about performance I'm talking about compatibility, will the Linux starbound run on raspian,

I tend to have a knack for optimization, so I can probably get it to run on a Pi, I got Minecraft with 50+ mods to run on a 1.7 ghz dual core CPU with 1 gb vram intel hd gpu and 4 gb of ram, and it ran at 20-30 fps and I've seen Minecraft run on the old raspi b model with decent fps no optifine(Minecraft was ver 1.8)

6. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

No. Fundamentally different, so it wouldnt work at all.

MilkCalf likes this.
  7. Arcadoof

Arcadoof Star Wrangler

I figured the arm architecture would prevent it, I just wanted to ask so I don't wast a few hours to install it to my pi and figure out it doesn't work.

I'm going to mark this thread as resolved @Iris Blanche I don't need this thread anymore it is resolved and can be closed.

It appears I am stepping into the deep end of the pool to early on, I am meddling with things I do not understand and I'm not ready to attempt to optimize 3gb of complex code to run on a simpler computer.

8. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Closed on request.

Regards
    Iris Blanche

MilkCalf and Surenu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.