1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Starbound External Monitor issue Since Windows 10 update.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by DukeTogo, Dec 17, 2017.

1. DukeTogo

DukeTogo Space Hobo

Hello,
    Since the latest windows update my Starbound is have issues, before the update I was playing Starbound off my Acer Predator Helious 300 laptop via hdmi cable into a external monitor and I had zero issues. Now when I try to do the same thing one of two things happen, when the game launches there is a large white box in the middle of the screen on both my laptop and external monitor, or it will display but the mouse will be unresponsive on the screen, I can hear the game but cant see anything until I unplug the HDMI to the other monitor.

Is anyone else having this problem? It worked fine before and does anyone have and solution or work around? Or do I just have to wait for a patch update, I could not find anything on it online so I thought I would try my luck here.
    I can't find and settings in the game options that can correct this so do I need to go into windows display settings for this? This is the only games that does this it was working fine on a external monitor before the last windows 10 update.

Hope someone can help,

Thanks,

Update: 12-17,I just got a new Smasung CF39 Series 24in curved monitor and I am still have the same issue when launching the game, I get a white box int he center of a black screen.