1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue STARBOUND EXCEPTION CAUGHT IN CLIENT MAIN-LOOP (MAPEXCEPTION) INDEX 62 OUT OF RANGE IN ORDEREDMAP::A

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by ab0ngr1p, Jan 22, 2018.

1. ab0ngr1p

ab0ngr1p Space Hobo

so first of all i would like to thank chuckleffish for making such an awesome game me and my friend had played quite a few hours and we decided we wanted to go ahead and install some mods before we put much more time into the game, the mods were from the fracking universe collection and the frackin races mod also we installed ceiling sprinklers automatic doors and compact gardening or something i believe i copied them into the mod folder and have reinstalled and verified the the game files several time but i keep getting the message "STARBOUND EXCEPTION CAUGHT IN CLIENT MAIN-LOOP (MAPEXCEPTION) INDEX 62 OUT OF RANGE IN ORDEREDMAP::AT()"

im running windows 10 64 bit i can get to the part of the intro mission where u equip the sword and it just goes orange and crashes and when i make a new character and skip it i get the message i copied above

any help would be greatly appreciated we just really want to get a dedicated server up so a few of us can play i can attach a full mod list if neccessary also it looked like there were 5 .log files i just attached the one that said .log the others had numbers after them idk if you need those aswell please let me know

Attached Files:

2. CarlobksP

CarlobksP Space Hobo

Exactly the same mistake. =/

3. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

You need to do some basic troubleshooting to narrow down where the issue is happening, and having mods throws in a wildcard that you need to eliminate. So back everything up, your worlds, your players, etc, and remove the mods, then verify the game works without those mods.

Once you've done that, you can then begin adding mods back in to see if the issue comes up again. If it does, you can conclude that it is at least mod related, and which mod is at fault. From there, you can take the issue to that mod's author and see if it is a known issue or not.

I've not seen an issue like this from mods, but given Frakin Universe was basically just initializing when it happened, I wouldn't put it past anything at this point. It may not be directly FU's issue, but rather FU may have triggered a bug in the game.