1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Starbound Essentials

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by LightSapfier, Jul 31, 2016.

Tags:
  1. LightSapfier

LightSapfier Void-Bound Voyager

Let's begin with Level 1

Difficulty. Everyone likes hungry mode but losing your items is NOT fun. Mod which adds hunger to Casual or removes item drop from survival is pretty popular.Add another option with no item drop or just allow to turn on\off such things one by one

Augments. As i know game allows you to place augments to EPP only, but in fact it is possible to generate ANY armor with an augment via console. 1 augment is NOT enough when you have that much of them.
    P.S. just make them unique, weaker and enable for every piece of armor. Currently they a very powerful but many of them are just useless when compared others

Books. Make them rereadable on click. I really liked your decision to let player to collect them, but codex system is not as good as books system.
    Advanced: Books background? would be nice to see some pictures or the book with text at least

PETS..are useless. My first pet with tier 2 armor was ONESHOTTED by first planet mob. increase their hp to make them as useful as soldier's at least.You need to revive and spend collars after all.

Crewmembers are awesome, but need some tweaks. Especially Chemists. Let them reapply their bonus every 3*duration would be nice. What is the point of Rage chemist right now?

Fake License price.Rly?

Ok Level 2

EPP I don't like when im FORCED to keep my slot busy. Make at least the final version to be an augment so we could mod new backpack items/add effects to existing backpacks. Avian wings increase jump height?Cool. Aqua equipment increases water movement speed? Awesome.Why not to make it a Tech like it was before?

Racial uniqueness. Avian armor set giving small jumpheight, floran - regenerative, Novakid - Light/Damage etc. Racial weapons with differences could nice too but as i've heard you need to remake those weapons again so it's not that crucial.

TECHES. 1 Spikeball should drain enery DURING use cause op
    2 Wateball should allow to move in ANY direction in water cause useless
    3 Dash|Air Dash too week. Up them cause useless
    4 Sprint...good
    5 Third dash tech is useless, change it to CHAARGE to deal damage to enemy hit
    6 Rocket boots to maintain you height instead
    7 Walljump to additionally remove falldamage. it is Worse then simple pulse jump because you can't resist falldamage.
    8 Sonic ball - deal damage maybe?
    0 - I WANT THAT LIBRARY BOSS MORPH BALL AAA OMG COOOL
    -1 Forget about the last one

Crewmembers storing in your colonies for later use|being happy to see your old Outlaw friend having his duty fulfilled working at your farm with yaks. Yey. Or make "Crewdeeds" so you could place your members to their rooms on your ship. Just dreaming nevermind.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  2. djchrisblue

djchrisblue Phantasmal Quasar

Holy cow--being able to augment some armor items would be amazing!

3. Noir Korrane

Noir Korrane Pangalactic Porcupine

Just to disagree a little - i really dont like hunger. At all. I Would not like to have it in casual mode. At least they should make it optional for casual. I definately dont want hunger to be mandatory

Love this idea, its brilliant.

I have not really looked at this - so no comment.

I thought at one point the EPP packs were specific to the stars - so for example if you have a EPP for Firey stars, it wouldnt help on radioactive planets or frozen planets - what happened to that?

I feel neutral on all the other points you bring up. I wouldnt mind if it was your way, or kept as is.

4. LightSapfier

Was a bit misunderstood on the first point, edited it a bit thx.
    EPP right now contains all the previous upgrades, making it mandatory to craft and keep it in backpack slot forever, disabling the possibility to place there smth else, like lamp on a stick for example.

Noir Korrane likes this.
  5. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

well, but you can just get an EPP augment for light. works just as well.

6. LightSapfier

...And forget about augments. Thats why I posted it after armor augmentation.

7. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

but why would you want to craft a light of a stick if you can just buy and/or find augments for your EPP? most if not all other back items are cosmetic.\, anyway.

8. Lusid

Lusid Pangalactic Porcupine

Augment sticks look like USB. Make augment sticks just as useful/amazing to find as armor itself and RE-USABLE! Let us take them out, put them in, swap them around. Make only v1 craftable (except an epp stick) and the rest lootable. Or craftable but hard. Or both.

Also while pets being useful would be awesome, getting rid of the ship pet i would trade my FTL drive for. I hate him that much. Whose idea was it to have pets be perminant, automatic, and non-optional anyway?

With augment slots in armor, racial armor bonuses would be awesome. Like an augment stick level 1 perminantly on for having the whole set. Full novakid set? Light augment 1 effect at all times. And have an augment stick associated with each bonus so no one armor set has a bonus no one else can get without having THAT armor.

EPP as augment obviously since it's so damn necessary. Or just have it part of the matter manipulator since if it's an augment stick we are pretty much forced to use up one augment stick for it anyway. Non-optional should not EVER take up a slot with other options. Ever. EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?!

..ahem... sorry.

LightSapfier likes this.
  9. Bahroth

Bahroth Star Wrangler

Thing about the EPP augments, why would I have another for light when I have one with healing 3, or damage 3.

I would like to see a Tech to be added for the EPP style protection, but using the final tier EPP as a quest consumable.
    This could free up that slot for some old items like the lantern for example.

LightSapfier likes this.
  10. Lusid

Lusid Pangalactic Porcupine

Another good idea. Give it it's own tech slot that instead of tech cards to upgrade we have to craft one. However it's done is fine, just take it off the damn back slot.

11. Noir Korrane

Noir Korrane Pangalactic Porcupine

@Lusid has reminded me of an issue i've found with the EPP system

While i like it, I really dont like that its kind of a necessity. I would love to have(visually) nothing in my back slot with certain clothing and armour sets. But there is nothing i can put into my cosmetic slot to do so without a mod.

12. Zinerith

Zinerith Cosmic Narwhal

See, the thing is I want to loose EVERYTHING on death. All pixels, all armor, weapons, EVERYTHING. I want this without having to loose my character and ship. I want this because I like to play at a realistic level, since al my stuff would be with my corpse and nothing would be with me when I am cloned back to existance. Also, I'd like the option to pick back up the (not lost) pixels when I pick up my corpse's items. I wish there was a difficulty for that. There should be different difficulty settings for hunger (yes/no) items (Loose none, loose non-essentials like it is now) (loose everything) and pixels (Loose like it is now, loose all collectable, loose all non-collectable.) and also a optional override "Hardcore" which overrides the other options.

LightSapfier and evilnancyreagan like this.
  13. evilnancyreagan

evilnancyreagan Pangalactic Porcupine

heh THAT'S what I'm talking about!

Yeah, the difficulty settings are completely XML tunable! you can toggle the features piecemeal if you wish :)

Edit: I was poking about in the dev blogs for unrelated purposes and stumbled across this post, super helpful!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    Zinerith likes this.