1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Starbound Encounters A Loop Error on Character Load(Modlist & Log)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by PonyJoan39, Sep 14, 2017.

1. PonyJoan39

PonyJoan39 Aquatic Astronaut

I cannot figure out exactly what the issue is, because whenever I review the log, I see nothing pointing to a mod conflict. I am on a Mountainous planet on a Radioactive star. The race in question during the error is Kemono. I have not had issues yet with my other characters.

PC Specs:
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Processor:
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80 GHz 2.79 GHz
    Installed memory (RAM):
    8.00 GB
    System type:
    64-bit Operating System

Though I am fairly certain that has nothing to do with it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1107792240
    This is my mods list.

My Starbound log is a file attachment on this post. As you will see in the log, I have made multiple attempts to play the questioned character with zero success. This issue initially occurred last night and I gave Starbound a break hoping it would resolve today.

Any help that could be given would be immensely appreciated. I will check back periodically. Thank you for your time and patience, and I hope I've followed the set rules.

God Bless,
    Joan

Attached Files:

2. SkyeTheTerribleBeastie

SkyeTheTerribleBeastie Pangalactic Porcupine

You sir (or ma'am), have a LOT of mods. May I ask if you had just installed any mods prior to the crash? Or had an encounter? What were the events leading up to the crash/non-loading? Was it seemingly random?

3. PonyJoan39

PonyJoan39 Aquatic Astronaut

I would be a Ma'am, and thank you kindly for your manners. To answer your address in order:

1- I realized, and I am aware of a few simple conflicts, but they did not appear to be major (aside from a couple Beakeasy quips)
    2- I had not installed any mods recently. Every time I want to try a new mod, I back up my universe to test for conflicts with a 'fresh run'
    3- I believe it to be most likely some sort of encounter lead to this conflict, yes.
    4- Leading up to the crash, I was exploring a Mountainous world on a Radioactive star, and while I was scaling a mountain, the game crashed completely. I attempted to reload, and succeeded, and so panned the camera around ahead to where I crashed to ascertain the direction of the conflict. Before I could fix the physical location (above-ground, below-ground) through trial and error, the game would no longer reload my character.
    5- It was most definitely not random, as I was able to confirm it as some sort of generation conflict. Though, I should note that this particular universe did not use the True Space mod in that list.