1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Starbound crashes, no matter what

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by cdkarin, Jul 30, 2016.

1. cdkarin

cdkarin Void-Bound Voyager

I have been having a major issue with starbound for the past day. I have been playing nonstop since the release of 1.0 and I love it. I finally beat the game so I thought I would have some fun with some mods. I started a new character and slowly played through till the part of the game where you have to collect the 20 core fragment ores. I spawned them in using admin commands to save some time. when I got to the ancient gate to use the fragments i would click the yellow button to open the gate and the game would crash. It happened try after try after try. I deleted the mods and still nothing, I deleted the game files about 20 times from steam and still nothing. I have lost everything trying to get this to stop crashing, please help. ( I am playing on a mac book pro and nothing like this has ever happened before). I made a backup of starbound from steam before playing with the mods and when I used it it still crashed.

2. Ed_SNEWBELL

Ed_SNEWBELL Lucky Number 13

Yeah, you're playing on mac aren't you?
    If you are, it's a bug that stops players from making progress, take a look around the support forum and you'll find some players with the same issue.