Starbound changelogs and release notes

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Mister Green, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Mister Green

Mister Green Phantasmal Quasar

INDIGNANT KOALA
    December 11, 2013

is now live people! Restart Steam and enjoy :)

2. babbottv

babbottv Master Chief

Will we need to create new characters to access the new back armor?

sifuwarrior likes this.
  3. Elvarion

Elvarion Void-Bound Voyager

Could not see any new back armor recipe on my character / or the worktables..

Started a new char, Made a workbench + loom, nothing :s

Possible further down the road, or its a pattern thats found in chests / bought.
    Or perhaps its glitched and not working..

4. Kirigaya Kazuto(Kirito)

Kirigaya Kazuto(Kirito) Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks,Was looking for something like this ^.^

5. sifuwarrior

sifuwarrior Space Spelunker

This ^

6. OssomSagax

OssomSagax Cosmic Narwhal

Well, coal is pretty damn common if you know how to mine and have a good planet. However! It is my theory that the ships use coal and uranium and other heat-produces elements in order to heat water, steam is easier then water to split into oxygen and hydrogen. I think they ships actually burn a mixture of Hydrogen and Oxygen for fuel, but needs a heat source to start with!

7. for me... it's coal

8. Mr_K

Mr_K Tentacle Wrangler

Any information on the tiny little update steam downloaded today? It is like 15.4KB in size. I'm guessing it's something minor.

9. proveisso

proveisso Void-Bound Voyager

you do know that steam IS water, right? RIGHT? PLEASE?

On a second note... not sure about this new patch, but on the previous one I was getting LOADS of the SAME DOUBLE-JUMP TECH O_O can we have something like, I don't know, take two repeated techs and turn them into a new random one?

Mr_K likes this.
  10. Mr_K

Mr_K Tentacle Wrangler

I've only got as far as a furnace lol, I'm just smelting lots and lots of ore at the moment.

11. proveisso

You have to explore to find techs inside hi-tech chests. I found 3, 1 in an Apex "Big Ape complex" with lots of tesla lightning on the way, another on a random house at the surface, and the third somewhere on the moon, I don't really remember where. All of them, the same =(

12. Mr_K

Mr_K Tentacle Wrangler

Are they the floating ones that spin?, I destroyed a few of those and it gave me nothing -.-

13. proveisso

they look just like normal chests, but green or blue, and with a hi-tech look instead of wood.
    The floating lightning spheres, if I identified correctly from your description, are just decoration =D

14. Voleste

Voleste Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am way too amused at the patch titles. Good to see they implemented the turn wood into coal feature. It's at a high cost, but it does feel balanced that way.

proveisso likes this.
  15. Cepheid

Cepheid Void-Bound Voyager

The little update appears to have fixed the launching scripts for Linux builds. Just adjusts the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable for launching the game with so that it launches properly.

Edit: Nope, I was wrong. Only new files I see are under assets/species, the .species files having been updated.

Edit #2: And some authorization and default configuration stuff. In particular a new asset file "authmunin.config" being added, and default_configuration.config being changed. The changes in default_configuration.config seem to be a new window title, and some changes to authentication variables.

Otherwise, the rest appears to be the species files, switching out "level31" for "tier4" in the text.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  16. Monkeybiscuit

Monkeybiscuit Phantasmal Quasar

I haven't found the back item yet, unless it's the lantern. Also haven't figured out how to make the grappling hook. I guess it's higher than tier 2 crafting.

17. Jables

Jables Void-Bound Voyager

I've decided to stop playing until stage 2; I can't take the wipes.

Any idea when stage 2 will begin? Are we talking weeks or months?

18. Corium

Corium Poptop Tamer

Re-use the Tier 2 Data chip to unlock the lantern on a stick backpack.

Grappling hook it Tier 4

19. Mister Green

Mister Green Phantasmal Quasar

No one knows my friend, depends on how good development goes.
    I'd guess but I'd be far off I think :(

20. sifuwarrior

sifuwarrior Space Spelunker

How do I get my hands on a stick Backpack?