Starbound changelogs and release notes

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Mister Green, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

also, is this a bug, when birds are killed they hurt you while falling?

2. Redhawk13

Redhawk13 Aquatic Astronaut

Nasty bug on macs where it crashes on start up

3. Martan

Martan Void-Bound Voyager

The hotfix is great! No more OP weapons ;)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  4. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

Yes, they also aggro if you are inside a house !

5. Gwalsby

Gwalsby Yeah, You!

Why does my game say frustrated koala if its upcoming?

6. Watermelon

Watermelon Space Spelunker

This, causing problems with hosting as my mates are Annoyed.

7. SpeedXaaa

SpeedXaaa Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey, thanks for answering my question! And I actually saw that in a FAQ post from some months ago, and then I think another one? I just found it as very odd. Didn't think 2013 would be a reasonable time to release the full version, Hahahah.

Given that factoid then, perhaps the beta could take a month or two. COULD. Unfortunately I've never really Beta tested any other game before, except Minecraft. Didn't MC take about a year to get 1.0 released?
    Or maybe I'm just tripping. But I suppose that's a little beside the point. x]

Either way I'm happy as long as we get a steady flow of good updates, which I am very confident we will; we have an excellent team who really seems to listen to their fanbase. I just love this game despite how incomplete it is at the moment.

8. samboni

samboni Void-Bound Voyager

Same here. And it's very fitting considering the 2 versions are "frustrated" and "annoyed", which describe the people having issues with it.

9. GewaltSam

GewaltSam Big Damn Hero

Have you guys tried restarting Steam? Starbound should update then.

10. proveisso

proveisso Void-Bound Voyager

ah... a perhaps stupid question, but is Frustrated being released, like, NOW? I'm getting a 580mb update downloading at this moment.

11. GewaltSam

GewaltSam Big Damn Hero

It already came out a few hours ago, but yeah, that should be the new version.

12. Arrkhal

Arrkhal Void-Bound Voyager

Holy crap, this hotfix completely broke weapons again. I lucked into a "tier2uncommonspear" when a monster killed a guard in a village, on my starting planet. It went from some insane dps to now 9 dps. The broken phoenix sword does 10 dps. I really don't think a tier 2 uncommon should be doing less damage than the starter weapon. :/ Meanwhile, monsters are doing about 20-30 damage per hit, even with full copper armor.

It's practically unplayable in this state.

renbear and Axiege like this.
  13. Axiege

Axiege Master Chief

^ Started a new game with my friends, lucked out and we started with an Apex lab nearby with armed guards (with guns). They did so much damage, I think one-shotting us all easily, but the struggle was worth it when they dropped tier 2 weapons with upwards of 60 dps. The damage should have been scaled back a bit I suppose but as much as they were is a bit silly. Also, birds are jerks. Way too much damage, from way too small targets, in way too large numbers, that are way too hard to hit.

Cardbo and renbear like this.
  14. HappyDoom

HappyDoom Aquatic Astronaut

My friends and I played today, and too be honest it felt quite a bit easier. Frankly, I am getting irritated with everyone complaining about char wipes, you should have seen this coming and don't get attached. Let this serve as learning for the full version, also the beta isn't made for you it's made for the devs to make it better so just go along and only complain about the necessary things like bugs so they can patch them. Personally the only thing I disagree with in the patch is the planet threat levels, besides that it was really solid in content. I have never experienced one crash besides the very beginning stage when i exited the game and got error messages.

proveisso likes this.
  15. Titanium Dragon

Titanium Dragon Space Spelunker

I think the ore balance is pretty good at the moment - it still takes a bit to mine out enough ore to be useful, but it doesn't take absolute ages to do, which is good. Mining is the most boring part of the game, exploring the most exciting - so I'd rather the game push me more towards exploring and have mining be fairly brief interludes.

metaspy and proveisso like this.
  16. Ozyamndias

Ozyamndias Space Hobo

The birds killed the pirate merchant just as I was about to buy my first gun. It came swooping in and murdered him, and only him...

17. proveisso

proveisso Void-Bound Voyager

I'm with HappyDoom. We're playing a beta here. People should really read this thread.

=edit=
    just for clarification, in case someone missed the irony, yes I posted the link for this same thread intentionally =p people seem to be just coming here to complain without even reading the start of the thread =(

Odat and HappyDoom like this.
  18. Mister Green

Mister Green Phantasmal Quasar

Can't update the post if I'm sleeping.

19. Fortunos

Fortunos Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thanks for making this thread! It's a lot easier than trying to look all of the blog posts up yourself.

Mister Green likes this.
  20. Shadow86

Shadow86 Pangalactic Porcupine

Shouldn't this thread remain free of discussion/argument about the game's current state?

There's a thousand other topics for that.

proveisso likes this.