1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed STARBOUND BETA: BUGS DATABASE (UPBEAT GIRAFFE) -Bug testers needed

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Alucard I, Dec 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. devilanc

devilanc Title Not Found

Upbeat giraffe update 2
    Medium bug
    2-3
    Can't reach the front of the ship. I can go till the beginning of the cabin with SAIL then my character just continue walking without going further, like if a block was in the middle of the place, yet, there's nothing.
    The bug began after I updated the game from unstable version of upbeat giraffe to the stable one.

2. Jiango

Jiango Orbital Explorer

• Upbeat Giraffe 2
    • 1st February 2015
    • Client-side bug?
    • Danger rate 3 (game crash)
    • Game crashed just after collecting some bones and gold ore from an Avian tomb. I don't know if it was because I closed the tomb with ESC inmediately after taking the loot. At least that is what the Error message makes me think:
    [​IMG]

• Found it just looting stuff. I have been trying to reproduce it by looting things the same way it happened, without result.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  3. LyuSapphire

LyuSapphire Void-Bound Voyager

• Upbeat Giraffe - Update 2, Protocol: 665
    • 1st february
    • I BELIEVE it's client-side, not sure, but the server seems to remain intact.
    • Severe bug
    • Ever since I moved my ship to a specific tropical planet, I've been losing connection to the server within the first 10 seconds of joining it. Reason? "Client-server connection no longer valid!". It doesn't matter if I go on the planet, try to quickly move the ship to another planet or just sit around in my ship doing nothing, I still lose connection very quickly. It is too fast for me to be able to move my ship to another planet, so I am stuck in that loop of connection and disconnection, unable to play with my friends anymore. All of my friends that tried to join my ship and go on my planet had the same issue, but since their ship is not on that planet, they can rejoin and keep playing fine.

Jeenyis likes this.
  4. bluecollarart

bluecollarart Big Damn Hero

• Upbeat Giraffe - OpenGL 32-bit
    • January 31st
    • Blocks and Ores
    • While walking towards the right in the mine dungeon on the starting world, I found an area that you could not walk any further, even though should be able to. It seemed to be an elevation issue. But even when I cleared out several additional blocks above the players head, I was still unable to move past what seemed like an "invisible wall". However, I could jump over it, and once on the right-hand side of the wall, I could walk through it in the opposite direction.
    • I was walking up the dirt blocks and noticed I was stopped by what seemed like an "invisible wall".

Included is a screenshot, with the character in mid-stride, running in place, unable to move past the "invisible wall":
    [​IMG]

The wall is directly next to the bottom of the staircase, to the right-hand side. You can see that even if I stand on the stairs, I have enough room, and indeed I can climb the stairs if I walk onto them from the right-hand side.

5. Klutz Lament

Klutz Lament Void-Bound Voyager

Crash when dying while doing first mission.

Every time my character dies while doing the first mission the game crashes.

Crash log: pastebin sB1U4chD (It won't let me post links since I haven't been registered for -1 days.)

It does not crash if I die anywhere else.

Macbook late 2011
    CPU: 2GHz Intel Core i7
    RAM: 8GB
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6490M w/ 256 MB RAM

6. ocarinaman7

ocarinaman7 Void-Bound Voyager

ok so I have a bug for ya that makes it so I can play the game, but at the same time, not play it...let me explain, when I'm on my ship everything is ok, then I teleport to the planet below...instead of letting me touch the ground, it sucks me through the ground to a certain part, and it just...tells me the ground is only existent in certain parts, here's a few screenshots to further explain what's happening [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. dbinc

dbinc Astral Cartographer

Bunny Altars found in Avian tombs seem to behave like obsidian or even stronger than obsidian. I was able to pick them up in the tomb by destroying the blocks beneath/supporting it. Placing it again on any surface gives it that almost indestructible property, so don't place it on any permanent surface (example: the floor of your ship) unless you want to spend a solid minute to remove it.

8. naboo

naboo Orbital Explorer

I found out two bugs :

• Upbeat Giraffe update 2 ; protocol : 665
    • Client-Side
    • 1) Possibly not a bug, but a feature/working as should (I think it may be a programming error)
    • Both Particle Boost Tech and Particle Thrust Tech have the same effect.
    • I read the tech description and only the energy cost change, I also tried both and they have the same effect.
    • Client-Side
    • 1) Possibly not a bug, but a feature/working as should (I think it may be a programming error)
    • The player can talk to the PNJ which give the quest to unlock next ship's upgrade twice in succession for the two last upgrades and this without side-quest to do. These side-quests are available after the last ship's upgrade.
    • I'm assuming it's a programming error if I refer to the quest progression model used previously in the game.

9. Snowpup

Snowpup Giant Laser Beams

4) Server Side: It turns out the max players and heavy CPU processing I mentioned earlier only happens with the x64bit executable. To re-iterate my server would list 105/113 players online and bring CPU usage to 100% no matter what the max players was actually set to. Reverting to the 32bit executable has removed this.

I'm not sure what the cause is. My best guess is that when players leave it's not actually killing their connection and it continuously stacks to a limit of 105 for some reason.

10. GeneralM13

GeneralM13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• Client-Side
    • Audio Bug
    • Sound when energy is depleted does not play
    • Was firing a sniper rifle until i noticed the sound for energy being depleted does not play, not gamebreaking but i miss it.

11. JNFischer30

JNFischer30 Big Damn Hero

Windows 7 64 bit
    Upbeat Giraffe
    Maybe a bug, maybe design

On a fully upgraded glitch ship, between the two doors leading to the most left room, there is no wall. The same is true of all the conjoining areas for each upgrade. I can fill them in with other materials, but it looks weird.

12. Shu1tz

Shu1tz Void-Bound Voyager

• Upbeat Giraffe Update 2 (01.31.2015)
    • Client-Side
    • 3 maybe?
    • Resetting the player's ship is in the initial state, but without the possibility of repair.
    • Damn, I have surfaced that some terrible bug. All my ship became as at the beginning. Broken, nothing works. SAIL said in the beginning, but there is no command to reboot. But in the 3D printer and all the character remains in place, including codex and recipes. But no land on the planet or fly does not work. Just do not even know what to do. So a lot of resources and items found. And it happened after he returned to the ship after a mission on the passage Mazebound64, received an award banana, returned to the ship and ... = (
    But I'm not sure that this is directly related to the mission.
    Once writing that no mods, cheats and save editors not used.
    P.S. Sorry. I use translator.

13. blindpiranha

blindpiranha Aquatic Astronaut

• Stable - Upbeat Giraffe
    • 2/1/2015
    • Graphic/Texture Error (Cosmetic)
    • 1 - This bug poses no danger.
    • Building a foreground wall along side of an opening in the background wall causes the shading around the border of the opening to disappear for a distance of about 1/2 block. Appears to be indiscriminate to block type.
    • I was just building mah house. Attached screenshot provided:

2015-02-01_00003.jpg

14. kode54

kode54 Void-Bound Voyager

I managed to crash the server of protocol 665 by crafting a cake for the cake quest.

Attached Files:

15. JN273

JN273 Void-Bound Voyager

• Windows 7, 64-bit
    • Current stable version: v. Upbeat Giraffe
    • 2/2/2015
    • Graphic/Texture Error
    [​IMG]
    The actual screen pixels don't math the games pixels, the resolution that is, is somehow not matching well. This happens on the directx version of the game, but also on the open gl version, though when the character is facing left instead.
    This issue have never happened before, though I haven't played since ~ 2013. This only happens on zoom level 3.

16. Drakkar

Drakkar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

One of your recent hotfixes got rid of the only good human male hairstyle and replaced it with a disgusting pompadour. Please fix it. It's not the same without it :(

[​IMG] Got changed to -> [​IMG]

17. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

get #rekt
    Not a bug :p

18. yams4lunch

yams4lunch Aquatic Astronaut

Yeah, I got that too. I figured that I just needed to upgrade my ship or something first, but maybe you're right.

19. dbinc

dbinc Astral Cartographer

Nice catch. I just looked on my ship and can confirm this. The background is the same as the one found on the bridge/pilot room on the very right. This explains why I couldn't place any wall decorations on the bridge.[DOUBLEPOST=1422905067][/DOUBLEPOST]
    This is working as intended. Unique chests found in biomes require a blueprint to craft more. The blueprints are usually found in those chests as randomized loot. Switches, buttons, and alarms related to wiring must also be crafted and can never be printed.

20. Drakkar

Drakkar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well it really bugs me, so I consider it a bug.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.