1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed STARBOUND BETA: BUGS DATABASE (UPBEAT GIRAFFE) -Bug testers needed

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Alucard I, Dec 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet450

ratchet450 Space Spelunker

Upbeat Giraffe
    Client-side bugs

Game sometimes has 10-30 second LAG !!! Something like classic server lags. I can't breake and place any blocks. Whole game is simply FREEZED.
    Sorry for my bad language.

2. Rikimaru_Tsuki

Rikimaru_Tsuki Void-Bound Voyager

Upbeat Giraffe
    Unknown bug

Used the blink/teleport ability inside the ship before, but this time my character and ship dissappeared from the screen and the game crashed. Any attempts on accessing the character again results in the client crashing. Character is still selectable but might be permanently unplayable.

Think it somehow blinked me out of boundary.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      13.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      10.6 KB
      Views:
  3. Amaranthfox

Amaranthfox Void-Bound Voyager

Upbeat Giraffe
    Not sure what kind of bug it would be considered.

So when I tried doing the Erchius crystal mission, I had the problem where my game crashed and didn't recognize that I'd finished the mission, so my fuel station was still broken. I found a fix for it, and was able to go past this point. But now I don't take damage or lose energy ever, I can craft anything without having the materials, I don't lose materials, and I have a huge number of blueprints suddenly available, mostly cosmetic, but all of the racial weapons became available too. The game still runs just fine, there haven't been any other issues. I'm still able to do anything, but I'd rather do this without a bug exploit. Has anyone else experienced this issue too?

4. aknightofnie

aknightofnie Void-Bound Voyager

Windows 8.1
    Upbeat Giraffe - stable release
    1/31/15

Upon first launch of game last night around 5pm CST, game was fine and functioning normally. Chose new race for playthrough. Saved and exited as normal. Today (12/31) when trying to launch the game from both the Open GL and regular, game loads to a certain point (about 15 seconds into the loading process) and then an error message pops up saying that the application .../starbound.exe requested that the Runtime terminate it in an unusual way and then the program stops responding and crashes.
    When launching from outside of the steam system, an error reading "Access violation detected at 0x96b199 (Write of address 0x808) appears when launching from Open GL or normally.

The character and world data is still in the giraffe storage area, but the game is unable to launch at all. I have verified the game integrity and attempted to launch the game in every way accessible for my rig at this time.

5. yams4lunch

yams4lunch Aquatic Astronaut

Upbeat Giraffe
    Items/Crafting bugs

When holding the "Raw Fish" item as a male Hylotl (and probably any character), it is rendered floating in front of you, instead of in your hand.

After reading some of these other bugs, I realized it's comparatively not very important. I suggest you fix the game-breaking bugs first.

ADDENDUM: It also happens with the "Cooked Fish" item.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  6. waywardzombie

waywardzombie Space Hobo

• Windows 8
    • Upbeat Giraffe
    • Client-Side
    • When I open Starbound my keyboard stops working. After I spawn on the planet, I'm unable to do alt-f4 or do anything to quit, and had to hard restart my computer.
    • I just received the latest update. I was playing last night (pre-update) and everything was working fine.
    I also just noticed that when I have starbound opened the keyboard doesn't work in any windows applications.

Update: I noticed that it was also breaking with other steam games, searched around and found this

reddit/r/pcmasterrace/comments/2k86r7/keyboard_disables_itself_when_i_launch_steam_games/

Split up because I haven't been a member here for more than a day and the system won't let me post links :wut:

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  7. sb10101

sb10101 Space Hobo

Upbeat Giraffe- Update 2, Protocol 665
    1/31/2015
    Client-Side

I keep crashing a few seconds after I warp down to a Planet covered in Alien plant life. I just got my radiation suit and wanted to explore a heavily radiated planet.

It's some kind of Exception crash.

Code:
    [22:31:06.384] Error: Exception caught in client main-loop: (NetStatesException) Extra data at end of NetStepStates::load!
      StarException::StarException(char*)
      NetStepStates::readFullFrom(DataStream, unsigned int, double)
      NetStepStates::readFull(ByteArray, double)
      Monster::Monster(MonsterVariant, ByteArray)
      MonsterDatabase::netLoadMonster(ByteArray)
      EntityFactory::netLoadEntity(EntityType, ByteArray)
      WorldClient::handleIncomingPacket(shared_ptr<Packet>)
      UniverseClient::handlePacket(shared_ptr<Packet>)
      UniverseClient::update()
      ClientApplication::updateRunning()
      ClientApplication::update()
      StarApplicationBase::run()
      _SDL_main
      _console_main

8. cooldude237

cooldude237 Aquatic Astronaut

I had a bug (Windows 8.0) level 3 it is whenever I die the game crashes

9. firehawk11

firehawk11 Yeah, You!

Not sure if a bug but this is my problem. When i start the launcher and loads starbound then chose a character, the game freezes and the character lags the heck out and is unplayble...does anyone know a fix? Maybe it's extreme lag, how do I fix it?

10. Snowpup

Snowpup Giant Laser Beams

4) Server side bug: Doing /ban on a character will cause all handshakes afterwards to try and use that banned character's last IP. In other words if you ban somebody, and somebody tries to connect at any point after (until you clear the ban table in the config) they will get a failed handshake and will not connect.

3) Server side bug: Asset Digest Checking does not function. When enabled and players connect it will automatically verify their assets are the same as the servers even when they aren't.

2) Server Side Bug/Optimization: Intense amount of CPU utilization on Windows Server 2012. RAM is fine. 105 players on my server brought CPU to 100% utilization (Intel Xeon E5-1620 V2 3.7GHz {8 cores}). Granted that is a lot... I mean a lot of players, but that still seems a little much.

11. kode54

kode54 Void-Bound Voyager

The default ship's storage locker still periodically fails to save, and gets reset to the default contents when loading a saved game.

12. Kotizers

Kotizers Aquatic Astronaut

I somehow duped grappling hooks, sorry if this is a bit long.

I built a giant tunnel to the bottom of the planet. The tunnel goes through lava due to me building it on a magma filled planet. So what happened was a meteorite shower destroyed a part of the tunnel by hitting it with a meteorite on the side of it. Some lava got into the tunnel just before i blocked it off.

Afterwards i tried to get to the bottom of the tunnel using a grappling hook, but at the middle of the tunnel the lava was slowly loading in and not falling instantly (I assume there was so much lava it was still loading). So impatiently waiting there as the lava only went downwards a little bit at a time (Every 10 or so seconds) I accidently pressed Q and dropped my grappling hook into the lava. Then i made another one, came back down again, waited for the lava to drop down, took out the last bits of the lava with my matter manipulator at the bottom, blocked up the very bottom so i wouldn't fall out of the world and stood there at the bottom. - And i see that i pick up my grappling hook (Bottom of screen shows I pick up 1 grappling hook). Surprised that it didnt dissapear in the lava, i open my inventory to check that i ACTUALLY got it. And what do i find in my inventory? 7 Grappling hooks. Another odd part is that it showed as if i only picked up 1 grapling hook at the popup that jumps up on the bottom of the screen.

TL;DR

Threw grappling hook in tunnel that reaches to the bottom of the world and is filled with lava.
    Removed lava, blocked up bottom with a layer of one block so I don't die when standing at the bottom.
    Died around 7 times whilst attempting this.
    I picked up my grappling hook that was still there at the very bottom.
    Grappling hook had duped into 7 grappling hooks.

13. TechKnux

TechKnux Void-Bound Voyager

there is a bug that i'd like to report. if you stay in a friend's ship from your party, and he "save and quit", you aren't teleported back to your ship. you can stay there and even collect his items, go to the planet below his ship, go back to your ship, and when your friend reconnects, his items are at the chests/ lockers where they were before, but the ones you picked up will be both in your inventory and in the ship! so that's basically cloning!

14. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Space Hobo

Upbeat Giraffe
    Client-side bugs

Unable to launch the game, I have Runtime errors and access violations

It worked fine before the "stable" update...

15. LAKster

LAKster Void-Bound Voyager

Whenever another window opens up in the game (inventory, chests, the small menu you get when you use the ship teleporter) crashes the game

Basically the game loads up fine and I can open up my character, however when I try and open any kind of menu the game freezes for a second (as if I'm having a lag spike) and then it crashes. Only happened after update 2 of upbeat giraffe. It all worked fine before

I have the crash log, but it won't let me post it here because it believes there is a url somewhere in there :down: so right now I can't post it yet. I'll try to redo the bug a few times and see if I can post one of the reports.

Edit: tried posting the log as a quote instead of code, didn't work. Tried making a new crash log. Worked, but again couldn't post it. Sorry guys I wish I could help you further with this problem, but it looks like I won't be able to post a log here.

Edit2: Tried to play the game again, now it just randomly crashes while playing. Even tried making a new character, but that also doesn't seem to help. I have no idea what's causing it because I've also not been able to post the last two logs here seeing as I get the 'trying to post an url' message every time :\ I am running starbound on my macbook pro 13" on OS X Mountain Lion, so perhaps it's a problem similar to the current crashing issues on OS X Yosemite. Good luck!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  16. JNFischer30

JNFischer30 Big Damn Hero

Upbeat Giraffe
    Moderate Bug
    Equipment bug
    non game breaking

I cannot equip the crystal backpack

Windows 7 64 bit.[DOUBLEPOST=1422795714][/DOUBLEPOST]Upbeat Giraffe
    Moderate Bug
    Sound Effects Bug
    Very annoying

The rumble of the rocket boots keeps playing after I've stopped using the boots. Warping the the ship did not help. I saved and quit then restarted and the sound went away.

Windows 7 64 bit

17. Nohar

Nohar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

• Upbeat Giraffe
    • 02/01/15
    • Minor bug
    • Some items can't be scanned at the 3D printer, despite the game showing they can be scanned (they have a pixel cost, aren't yet registered in the 3D print list, and I have enough pixels to register them). Clicking on the scanning button does nothing. Below is the list of the few items I tried to scan, yet can't be registered:
    - Toxic Chest
    - X Or Switch
    - Persistent Switch
    - Alarm
    - Small wall button
    - Giant Flower Chest
    - Flesh Chest

More on that later, as soon as I find more.

18. DerRedHead

DerRedHead Void-Bound Voyager

Upbeat Giraffe
    Client-side bug

PC Specs: Windows 7, 1600x900 screen resolution, Graphics-Card: NVidia GEForce GT 650m, Processor: Intel I7-3610QM

Fullscreen doesn't work anymore - at least for me. When I enable that option the game remains windowed, zooms in and becomes blurry.

Bug1.png Menu pre-activation
    Bug2.png Menu after activation
    Bug3.png In-Game pre-activation
    Bug4.png In-Game after activation

19. Joeker396

Joeker396 Void-Bound Voyager

Whenever jumping off the side of the outpost, upon respawn and beaming down the game crashes.
    tested 18 times, occured every time

20. Xirukai

Xirukai Pangalactic Porcupine

Upbeat Giraffe Update 2 or 3?
    Priority bug
    Tech related
    Character corrupting bug.

Repeated use of the Targeted Blink on any location causes the player to be suddenly trapped in mid-air with nothing around the player. The game becomes unresponsive and in turn corrupts the .player file.
    Restoring a character file backup created by the game restores functionality but any progress made will be lost then.

Alucard I likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.