1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed STARBOUND BETA: BUGS DATABASE (UPBEAT GIRAFFE) -Bug testers needed

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Alucard I, Dec 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toporonin

Toporonin Pangalactic Porcupine

Spirited Giraffe update 4
    Items
    Bugged food sprites
    [​IMG]
    (UPD) More weird placed food:
    [​IMG]
    Total so far: Mocaccino, Toxic Juice, Toxic Tart, Pussplum Tart, Reef Juice, Brineapple, Flat White Coffee, Salt Salad, Corn Peckers, Ocean Salsa, Coffee Cake, Fluffy Ruffs, Chocolate Cake, Alien Fruit Jam, Reefshake

Last edited: May 5, 2015
  2. nimmerland

nimmerland Existential Complex

• Vanilla stable Spirited Giraffe Update 4 679 update from U3
    • Client-side
    • Weird beaming result related to outpost and gate
    Ship orbiting random planet. Beamed directly from ship to Outpost teleporter Shop. Went to the Ancient Gate (Outpost). It says "Return to Gate". Using this only option results in the unexpected beam back to the ship.

Would expect to get to an Ancient Gate (world) and become able to visit the Ark / Ruins from there or be able to get there directly from the Ancient Gate (Outpost). As there are many gates in the universe the option of beaming to another Ancient Gate (world) might not even be present while not having the ship at a Gate.

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  3. raddude ruler of pancakes

raddude ruler of pancakes Void-Bound Voyager

Modded stable most recently updated Giraffe version as of 5/6/15
    Client Side
    Wiring tool bugged connection crashed game

I connected the wiring tool to a switch but did not connect anything to it. I then switched to the matter manipulator and used it to remove the switch. When I switched back to the wiring tool it showed that it was still connected to where the switch was on the wall even though there was nothing there. I couldn't disconnect the wire so I finished the connection with a door which instantly crashed the game and when I try to reload that character it loads up but then instantly crashes. I haven't tested to see if other characters would crash if I went to the planet it happened on because I don't want to lose anymore.

Here is the crash info:
    [​IMG]

4. nimmerland

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  5. lixz

lixz Void-Bound Voyager

• Spirited giraffe- update 5
    • Client-side
    • Using the paint tool on a planet crashes the game and makes character unplayable.
    • I was digging underground near the magma layer of the planet. A mushroom biome was right above me and I tried to paint a piece of mushroom block (in the background) blue. When I did this, the blocks Did turn blue but after about 1-2 second(s) the game crashed. Whenever I try to play on that character the game crashes and gives me an error message. I have screen-capped the message in case it is needed to posibly get the save back working. Re-launching the game and restarting pc/ steam does not fix the bug.

The error message I get trying to use my character again. --->. Starbound painting crash.PNG

6. nimmerland

• vanilla stable Spirited Giraffe- Update 5 fresh install
    • Graphical Glitch
    • red cross for healing animation blinks under the tent.
    • animation should only be to the top and not into the bottom
    Tent Healing Glitch.jpg Tent Healing Glitch.gif

---

Prior report: http://community.playstarbound.com/...bug-testers-needed.87436/page-13#post-2473422
    • vanilla stable Spirited Giraffe- Update 5 fresh install
    • Graphical Glitch
    • big petal flowers on tropical planets still have the hovering pixel
    Glitch Big Flowers Pixel SG U5.jpg

7. curly133

curly133 Void-Bound Voyager

I have the same problem. Is there a fix for it yet????

8. nimmerland

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  9. Dansec

Dansec Void-Bound Voyager

• Upbeat Giraffe (windows 7)
    • Client-side / Local server
    • Lost Bookmark and teleporter location on all character after playing with a friend on local server
    • I started the server client to play with my friend on local network, when I came back to my other character on solo all my bookmarked planet and saved teleporter were gone

10. somtingwon

somtingwon Aquatic Astronaut

Whenever I play with a friend after about 10-20 minutes i get teleported to my ship.

My friend gets kicked and I think the server goes offline or at least he is unable to join back unless I reset

I cannot post the whole log as there are a lot of sneaky url warnings

I've tried redownloading the game, hasnt worked.

[15:15:54.692] Error: Exception caught loading asset: /stats/effects/fu_tileeffects/fumudslow/fumudslow.animation, (AssetException) Could not read variant asset /stats/effects/fu_tileeffects/fumudslow/fumudslow.animation
    StarException::StarException(string, exception)
    AssetException::AssetException(string, exception)
    _Function_handler<shared_ptr<Assets::AssetData> (), Assets::loadJson(String)::{lambda()#1}>::(_Any_data)
    Assets::processAssetData(function<shared_ptr<Assets::AssetData> ()>)
    Assets::loadJson(String)
    Assets::loadAsset(Assets::AssetId)
    Assets::doLoad(Assets::AssetId)
    Assets::getAsset(Assets::AssetId)
    Assets::json(String)
    NetworkedAnimator::NetworkedAnimator(Json, String)
    StatusController::EffectAnimatorGroup::deserializeObject(ByteArray)
    NetStepStatesObjectGroup<StatusController::EffectAnimator>::readDelta(ByteArray, double)
    StatusController::readDeltaState(ByteArray, double)
    void DataStreamBuffer::deserializeSequenceImpl<_Bind<_Mem_fn<void (TechController::*)(ByteArray, double)> (TechController*, <1>, double)>, _Bind<_Mem_fn<void (StatusController::*)(ByteArray, double)> (StatusController*, <1>, double)> >(DataStream, _Bind<_Mem_fn<void (TechController::*)(ByteArray, double)> (TechController*, <1>, double)>, _Bind<_Mem_fn<void (StatusController::*)(ByteArray, double)> (StatusController*, <1>, double)>)
    __ZN4Star16DataStreamBuffer23deserializeSequenceImplISt5_BindIFSt7_Mem_fnIMNS_13NetStepStatesEFvRKNS_9ByteArrayEdEEPS4_St12ILi1EEdEEIS2_IFS3_IMNS_14TechControllerEFvS5_dEEPSG_SD_dEES2_IFS3_IMNS_16StatusControllerEFvS5_dEEPSN_SD_dEEEEEvRNS_10DataStreamET_DpT0_
    Player::readDeltaState(ByteArray, double)
    WorldServer::handleIncomingPackets(unsigned int, List<shared_ptr<Packet>, deque<shared_ptr<Packet>, allocator<shared_ptr<Packet> > > >)
    WorldServerThread::update()
    WorldServerThread::run()
    ThreadImpl::runThread(void*)
    BaseThreadInitThunk
    RtlInitializeExceptionChain

Caused by: (AssetException) No such asset '/stats/effects/fu_tileeffects/fumudslow/fumudslow.animation'
    AssetException::AssetException(string)
    Assets::read(String)
    Assets::readJson(String)
    _Function_handler<shared_ptr<Assets::AssetData> (), Assets::loadJson(String)::{lambda()#1}>::(_Any_data)
    Assets::processAssetData(function<shared_ptr<Assets::AssetData> ()>)
    Assets::loadJson(String)
    Assets::loadAsset(Assets::AssetId)
    Assets::doLoad(Assets::AssetId)
    Assets::getAsset(Assets::AssetId)
    Assets::json(String)
    NetworkedAnimator::NetworkedAnimator(Json, String)
    StatusController::EffectAnimatorGroup::deserializeObject(ByteArray)
    NetStepStatesObjectGroup<StatusController::EffectAnimator>::readDelta(ByteArray, double)
    StatusController::readDeltaState(ByteArray, double)
    void DataStreamBuffer::deserializeSequenceImpl<_Bind<_Mem_fn<void (TechController::*)(ByteArray, double)> (TechController*, <1>, double)>, _Bind<_Mem_fn<void (StatusController::*)(ByteArray, double)> (StatusController*, <1>, double)> >(DataStream, _Bind<_Mem_fn<void (TechController::*)(ByteArray, double)> (TechController*, <1>, double)>, _Bind<_Mem_fn<void (StatusController::*)(ByteArray, double)> (StatusController*, <1>, double)>)
    __ZN4Star16DataStreamBuffer23deserializeSequenceImplISt5_BindIFSt7_Mem_fnIMNS_13NetStepStatesEFvRKNS_9ByteArrayEdEEPS4_St12ILi1EEdEEIS2_IFS3_IMNS_14TechControllerEFvS5_dEEPSG_SD_dEES2_IFS3_IMNS_16StatusControllerEFvS5_dEEPSN_SD_dEEEEEvRNS_10DataStreamET_DpT0_
    Player::readDeltaState(ByteArray, double)
    WorldServer::handleIncomingPackets(unsigned int, List<shared_ptr<Packet>, deque<shared_ptr<Packet>, allocator<shared_ptr<Packet> > > >)
    WorldServerThread::update()
    WorldServerThread::run()
    ThreadImpl::runThread(void*)
    BaseThreadInitThunk

11. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Redownload and install frackin universe, both of you.

12. SheepyCloud

SheepyCloud Void-Bound Voyager

Pleased Giraffe Updated May 8th 2015
    (Not sure how to categorize this from the categories already mentioned)

[​IMG]

The shadows kind of act as a wall. Can't walk through it but it is possible to hop over however. They are not removable. Items can be placed through it. This is the last upgraded room to the Novakid ship. However, the spot in between the shadows is clear. The flashlight light doesn't go through the shadows, but in the pocket between it can.

13. nimmerland

Are you on nightly? In-Game & Billing Support is not for nightly. There is a nightly subforum: http://community.playstarbound.com/forums/nightly-builds-support.157/

Basic Troubleshooting and Support Thread Guidelines: http://community.playstarbound.com/...-guidelines-read-first-stable-unstable.83266/
    Thank you for your report. Please always search for existing threads on your issue. The search bar is on the upper right of the board. If an existing thread on your issue is closed, you can Report Abuse on its initial post and ask for reopen it.

Existing threads:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/invisible-wall-in-novakid-ship.95593/
    http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/train-ship-collision.95650/
    http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/novakid-ships-invisible-wall.96209/

I already quoted your whole report in the first thread above.[DOUBLEPOST=1431522902][/DOUBLEPOST]

--------------------
    • vanilla stable Spirited Giraffe- Update 5 fresh install (of May 13th) on win7 x64
    • trees
    • strange trees without leaves (not dropping saplings) and with stretched looking leaves (dropping saplings)
      nothing suspicious in the logfile
    SGU5 - Trees_missing_leaves.jpg SGU5 - Trees_missing_leaves2.jpg
    200954883 / 277300983
    Alpha HR 2877 Gem 02 IV b (forest)

--------------------
    • vanilla stable Spirited Giraffe- Update 5 fresh install (of May 13th) on win7 x64
    • trees
    • palm leaves seem to be shifted to the side
    upload_2015-5-13_16-7-58.png upload_2015-5-13_16-19-39.png
    200954883 / 277300983
    Alpha HR 2877 Gem 02 II (desert)

--------------------

vanilla stable Spirited Giraffe- Update 5 fresh install (of May 13th) on win7 x64
    launcher / game version
    Launcher says last update for stable on May 8th to Pleased Giraffe, game and logs still say Spirited Giraffe Update 5 P679

fixed.

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  14. Brickman63

Brickman63 Orbital Explorer

RELAY BAD BUG! i bought starbound from steam and i clicked play then it opened the launcher and i clicked launch starbound it opened but i got a black screen PLZ HELP P.S. i am using lunix64 i also tried opening it from folder[DOUBLEPOST=1432383878][/DOUBLEPOST]
    P.P.S. the black screen closes after a minuate

15. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

If it closes it's a crash.
    If it's a crash the most important thing to solve it is the starbound.log file.
    Post it in code tags, it's located at starbound/giraffe_storage/

16. Brickman63

all right here is everything it says:
    it is an attachment as a file WHAT I CANT ATTACH ITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA[DOUBLEPOST=1432390171][/DOUBLEPOST]
    well ill try to type it.
    [21:38:52.884] Info: UniverseServer: World thread has stopped due to inactivity, removing world CelestialWorld:59286123:799587410:-151009124:10:5

17. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

That's not what'll help us :p
    (In fact, that's not an error at all)

On your next post you can edit the contents into your post tho, since it'll be your 3rd post.

18. Brickman63

well then what do i need to fix me not getting into STARBOUND!

19. KuroiTsubasaTenshi

KuroiTsubasaTenshi Space Hobo

• Spirited giraffe- update 5
    • Client-side
    • Using the paint tool causes a point on the planet to consistently crash the client for all characters who approach it. These characters then become unplayable because they are stuck relogging in next to the crash point.
    • The crash occurred during casual player structure constuction. Paint was being applied to background brick blocks during the construction of a gate house. At the time of construction, nearby objects include: dirt (both background and foreground, some with grass), a non-hostile monster (green lizard), a large Glitch gate (wired to a switch that was well out of the line-of-fire of the paint tool) and there is the possibility that there was also cobblestone and water.
    Log file attached (would have included the full text here, but the forum keeps complaining about non-existent URLs).

An image of the crash error is also attached, but it appears to just repeat the text from the log above.

If desired, a zip of the broken universe can be provided. The world in question is the home world, so it would be easy to access the problem point.

Attached Files:

20. Brickman63

How do i fix it then?[DOUBLEPOST=1432485472][/DOUBLEPOST]
    o ya here are the files

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 24, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.